Current issues with RW

281 to 300 of 382 messages
16/10/2013 at 15:37
Haha, when Ben said it would be fixed by now, if only we knew then that it was only going to get worse.
16/10/2013 at 16:19

The edit button is still missing. By the time all the faults are fixed, there will be nobody left on the web to appreciate it.

16/10/2013 at 19:38

Maybe the PM's are down ? Probably took it off line so that they could send me two notifications in the middle of the night 

16/10/2013 at 19:49

I've started a new thread about the PM problem in "website bugs" - don't know why I bothered really but hey ho

16/10/2013 at 20:10

I've given up on this place and gone back to browsing Fetch.  At least there the forum boards work, even if they are inhabited by snide bloggers.  RW was a site I genuinely supported and promoted - silly really, but it was a site I cared about and used daily.  However when the 'admin' team of the site make it clear to the users that they're less than interested in bugs, the efficiency of the site or the opinions of its users, and when that same admin team treats commenters with nothing less than condescending disdain - time to vote with the fingertips and decant to a site where the man in charge actually gives a shit.  Say what you will about the site/posters, but at least Fetch himself deals with the very few site issues that crop up, usually immediately.

16/10/2013 at 20:20
Frying pan and fire come to mind Crazy Diamond but each to their own ....... I'd rather put up with the c..p here .....
17/10/2013 at 10:35

Sorry, Ben, just seen your reply of the 14th (obviously I can't quote it).

Yes, I've re-checked 'email notifications' I've even un followed all my my followed threads and then refollowed them and still no emails. I did have reason to speak with RW about the new subscriptions not being accepted and mentioned this issue. After being told to check my email address I was told they would speak to IT but never got a reply.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
17/10/2013 at 10:59

only because they banned you from there Mr A

17/10/2013 at 11:03

Morning, 

Sorry for the continuing issues with the forum, I was informed that they would be fixed by now but that's clearly not the case. I have spoken to the developers again this morning and they released two lots of changes yesterday to the platform that RW is part of with a third coming soon to amend some of the issues here; in particular the edit, quote and log out functions. I will be finding out later today when this will be happening. 

Just to explain the error reporting process a bit more, when a user has a problem we will try and replicate that issue here and then pass that info over to the developers, The developers then try to replicate this issue and create a job to fix it. This fix takes as long as it takes, it's normally a few days depending on the size of the job but can be longer. Once it's completed, the job is then passed onto testing and Q&A where they check to make sure it's doing what it's meant to be doing on the site and on the platform as a whole. Once that's all signed off, then the changes are scheduled to be released. This whole normally takes a week, but it can be longer. 

We know these on going issues are not making for a good user experience, I can assure you it's equally frustrating for us too, but we're working to get these issues fixed as soon as we possibly can. 

As for the issues, iPad users, at what point are you having the forum crash? Much like when I tested on my phone, I've tried to replicate the problem on an ipad and it's been ok for me. 

Thanks Andi, we're looking into the followed threads issue still, there seems to be mix of people receiving no email and some receiving a lot so that's with the developers. 

17/10/2013 at 11:05

CD - I just registered with Fetch yesterday

I've pretty much given up posting on here

the Fell Runners website forums were the subject of a full-on malicious hack recently, and the webmaster had them back up fully working with all archived posts preserved within a couple of weeks - the mind ABSOLUTELY BOGGLES as to how the RW forums could be allowed to fall into such a state as this for what is now getting on for FOUR MONTHS

17/10/2013 at 11:08

"Once it's completed, the job is then passed onto testing and Q&A where they check to make sure it's doing what it's meant to be doing on the site and on the platform as a whole. "

There is QA  done?? Are you sure? So these thousand and one bugs that keep repeating over and over and over are just unluckily getting through the rigourous QA process?

17/10/2013 at 11:19

Daz, I hope you like Fetch and find it useful.  The boards can be a bit dull these days, depending on who's posting (mostly 'The Clique' that drags it down, imo) but on the whole they're a friendly bunch and I find the data logging functions really useful.  I see no reason why the two forums can't just get along without all the negative nonsense from some forum members.  Mr A has an issue with Fetch because he went on there trying to troll and they wholly ripped the piss out of him before he managed to get himself banned.  The reason I no longer interact here is because of the bugs and apparent lack of action/care from RW Towers - the fact that I can't log off on public machines is especially concerning to me, as is the amount of prossie spam that seems to find its way easily on to the boards.

Speaking of which....wasn't Mr A banned from RW?  I see that's going well too. 

17/10/2013 at 11:25

"Mr A has an issue with Fetch because he went on there trying to troll and they wholly ripped the piss out of him before he managed to get himself banned. "

Au contraire - Mr A  got banned because he pointed out that the security flaws on their board, the guy running the place denied it could be hacked and said it was much better than RW boards which were getting spammed all the time.

I then proved it was hackable. 

Then instead of  admitting the boards are flawed and saying 'Well I was wrong, how can I fix this?' .....he had a little hissy fit and ran off to the teacher like a girl to get me banned.

He then went on to boast how he had 14 years of experience of web development. Apparently though he still cant code to prevent basic spam attacks though.

See this is the problem here, people would rather just sweep problems under the carpet because its easier than addressing them. If we fixed the flaws then we wouldnt have a problem, but instead  we have technological illiterates who would rather just get rid of the one person who could actually help solve the issues.

17/10/2013 at 11:34

And once again, Mr A, you prove yourself to be an adolescent liar with an over inflated ego and absolutely no self awareness.  You were laughed off the boards on Fetch, people only turned on you when you started your playground taunts of the much loved and respected owner of the site.  The fact you either can't see or won't acknowledge that speaks volumes.

Anyway - RW, Fetcheveryone managed to successfully ban this silly little boy in the space of one evening.  Can someone explain how and why he's been allowed to roam the boards since his ban from here, taking the piss out of you lot entirely unhindered?

17/10/2013 at 11:36

"Anyway - RW, Fetcheveryone managed to successfully ban this silly little boy in the space of one evening. "

Please tell me youre joking. Please tell me that you really dont think it was because of Fetch that their ultra high level of crack coders kept me out, and that it wasnt because I couldnt be bothered with them.

You must be joking, please tell me thats a joke.

17/10/2013 at 11:36

Hi Daz, CD, 

The issues from the last 4 months stem back to the members changes that were made and were not implimented as they were meant to be. I understand that this has been irritating to use, but the issues that have arisen have been dealt with as quickly as possible and we will continue to try and fix these problems and get the forum working smoothly again.

Mr A - that is the current process that the developers take. 

17/10/2013 at 11:43

Mr A was never banned nor have we ever received a mod report about him. This is a very large community, unless someone something is brought to our attention then we trust the community to police itself. 

The user banned from Fetch and here was a different user, but now going by Mr A admission that he is associated with this episode we will investigate the issue further. 

Fair enough, Ben. It just seems to be happening over and over again. But contrary to popular belief I do work in the industry and realise that there is only so much you can personally do about the matter. But it does seem the process is a little loose.

seren nos yn canu    pirate

Ben I have never known the site take so long to sort out  bugs......not your fault but I really think that the IT people are taking the RW team for a ride..If they are in house I would sack and if outsourced I would refuse payments......

because it really is not a good situation to be in for all this time 

17/10/2013 at 11:46

Agree with Seren. The situation on the forum has been going on way too long to be taking realistically viable.

What is going on Ben and when will it be resolved? Really this time. Not some half assed fix

281 to 300 of 382 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.