Current issues with RW

341 to 360 of 382 messages
30/10/2013 at 13:44

lol, will have lots then, last one was in April!

30/10/2013 at 13:51

I get random notifications and they all come at once.

Inbox notifications are arrivng about 4 days after messages are sent which is really useful...

Someone thought they were being ingored the other day - thanks so much RW for being rude on my behalf 

30/10/2013 at 13:52

I get notifications even though I haven't signed up for them, for old replies that I've already read.

30/10/2013 at 19:40
I've lost edit plus everything (bold, quotes, italics, smilies etc) from the top of my message box. Is it just me?
30/10/2013 at 20:07

Wardi. Just check that you havent got basic settings switched on.

My Settings - My Forum Settings - Forum Editor (make sure its set to advanced)

31/10/2013 at 08:49

Thanks for that.  I was abroad last weekend & the only way I could post on RW via my phone was to change to basic editor.  When I came back I forgot about it and have now had to change back.  Isn't technology wonderful!

31/10/2013 at 13:42

So near... and yet so far.... notifications are off again

31/10/2013 at 21:42

nothing new there

01/11/2013 at 09:31

Yup - Ben & Co - please fix the notifications!

You only get an inbox message for a new conversation and email notifications for older conversations come through at random, all at once, days after messages have been sent.

It would be quicker to have a conversation by post. I'm off to buy stamps... 

01/11/2013 at 09:58

What a shame to see that this thread is now three months old and still being posted to regularly about the original issues. 

As for the notifications thing - I joined RW around 5 years ago and turned off the e-mail notification function because of the same issue that people are talking about here, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a resolution any time soon.

01/11/2013 at 19:53

Bookmarks!! Need I say more? I hope not after all these months

Losing patience and spending far more time talking running on FB these days....

05/11/2013 at 21:54
Sort out the sodding puma advert
06/11/2013 at 11:20

The whole site needs taking apart and rebuilding. 

06/11/2013 at 13:05

Spellcheck that worked would be handy.

07/11/2013 at 09:02

Anything that worked would be handy! 

07/11/2013 at 09:05

Ha!

What makes me laugh is the clown that thought it was OK to have an ad that blocked all contact with the site for 3 or 4 seconds so you are forced to sit through it.

07/11/2013 at 10:54

I think I have worked it out .... The "IT" crew at RW towers sit around all day drinking coffee, setting cometitions to see who can come up with the next stupid idea to piss off as many people as possible, and the one who gets most complaints from their idea wins.

Puma advert guy must be leading by some way at the moment.

11/11/2013 at 09:54

Morning, 

I've been out the office for the last 2 weeks, I know Annie has responded to most enquiries, but I'll have more of an update today on the latest developments on the site for you. The Puma advert has now gone. 

I agree that the whole site needs rebuilding, has done for a while, that is something that 'm working on getting done but it will take some time.

Thanks.

11/11/2013 at 13:33

Still not working on iPad... Just in case you wondered.

12/11/2013 at 15:50

Sorry, been catching up on two weeks worth of stuff (including a puma advert), meant to get back to you sooner. 

So current state of things: PM pages have been restored but chronological order within all bookmarks is still an issue. 

Notifications is still an on going problem, one that we're having to pick apart step by step. The main issue stems from the confusing follow thread option at the top of threads, the email me when a reply is made button and the automatic function, plus the options in forum settings. The solution will be a simplified version of these or, what I'm pushing for, a new forum platform.

Things that have delayed all this are myself being away, one of the developers has had a baby and the asics 26.2 campaign. These aren't excuses, I'm just telling you how it is regarding resources and man power currently. 

Emmy, I'll email you about the ipad issue as I'm getting it to work here and need more info. 

Thanks.

341 to 360 of 382 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.