Current issues with RW

21 to 40 of 382 messages
23/07/2013 at 11:59
Ben RW wrote (see)

Screama - I would love to butter your parsnips. 

Why, thank you Ben 

23/07/2013 at 12:00

Carterusm - you get the added benefit of exclusive competitions and early entry into events. 

23/07/2013 at 12:03
Mr A nonymous wrote (see)

That was an interesting reply to Bruce. It kinda came off as 'its a free site, if you dont like it p... off' . Guess thats one approach to customer relations.

Not at all, I'd very much like Bruce to continue using the site, he's expressed a real passion for it. 

23/07/2013 at 12:04
Ben , does anyone know what is causing the issue?
23/07/2013 at 12:06
Ben RW wrote (see)

Carterusm - you get the added benefit of exclusive competitions and early entry into events. 

Would you be surprised to know that when I select the Events tab I get 'oops......'

23/07/2013 at 12:07

That was an interesting reply to Bruce. It kinda came off as 'its a free site, if you dont like it p... off' . Guess thats one approach to customer relations.

That was my reading of it, too.

It's free to use, I guess, because of the advertising which is placed on it.

I wonder how the people who pay for advertising on the forum would view that "piss off if you don't like it" attitude to their target audience?

23/07/2013 at 12:09
Millsy1977 wrote (see)
Ben , does anyone know what is causing the issue?

We do, essentially there was a redevelopment of the members section that was rolled out so as to improve usability. These changes weren't just across our site, but a wider platform. The have been some issues with it ie bugs and they're now being dealt with across the board. It's fair from ideal, I know this. 

23/07/2013 at 12:14
Wilkie wrote (see)

That was my reading of it, too.

It's free to use, I guess, because of the advertising which is placed on it.

I wonder how the people who pay for advertising on the forum would view that "piss off if you don't like it" attitude to their target audience?

I guess it's a glass half full Vs glass half empty interpretation then, certainly wasn't meant to be negative, just matter of fact. 

carterusm - perfect timing...

23/07/2013 at 12:16
ghost of kittenkat wrote (see)

Ben, please can someone get my kittenkat account back?

Of course, can't have you loitering here in ghost format. I'll take a look. 

23/07/2013 at 12:17

aahhh see Wilkie .... its because you and me are so negative that we misinterpreted his reply. lol. this thread just gets funnier.

Pudge    pirate
23/07/2013 at 12:22

It seems that Bionic Ironwolf now has the 'magic' touch where forums are concerned.

23/07/2013 at 12:24

I really do think "bugger off if you don't like it" is negative - and defensive.

It's certainly not good customer relations.

JvR
23/07/2013 at 12:26

Ben,
Would it be possible for you to give us an indication of the level of testing that the IT guys are doing before rolling out updates to the site.

I'm assuming that they are testing the changes that they make and then doing a level of regression testing of the site before deploying the changes.

If you're having problems with the site then something in your development, testing and deployment processes isn't working the way it should do.

Thanks

23/07/2013 at 12:31

JvR wrote (see)

Ben,
Would it be possible for you to give us an indication of the level of testing that the IT guys are doing before rolling out updates to the site.

I'm assuming that they are testing the changes that they make and then doing a level of regression testing of the site before deploying the changes.

If you're having problems with the site then something in your development, testing and deployment processes isn't working the way it should do.

Thanks

I'm not convinced any testing is being done. As you say, if it is, something is going badly wrong.

Edited: 23/07/2013 at 12:32
23/07/2013 at 12:31

Right, as much as I'd like to stay here all day, I can't. 

I'll try and get back to some of your comments later on. 

Pudge    pirate
23/07/2013 at 12:33
Ben RW wrote (see)

Right, as much as I'd like to stay here all day...

I don't think you would though really, would you?

23/07/2013 at 12:34

See you in a couple of weeks Ben!

23/07/2013 at 12:35

He'll be buttering my parsnips in the meantime...

23/07/2013 at 12:36

I'm sure there was a member of this site who felt that he was being hard done by a few weeks ago - someone who felt he had the IT skills to  easily wreck the site if he wanted.   I wonder what he had in mind. 

Anyway, that's totally irrelevant of course.

23/07/2013 at 12:38
Screamapillar wrote (see)

He'll be buttering my parsnips in the meantime...

Stuey is going to be so pissed off !!!

21 to 40 of 382 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.