Current issues with RW

81 to 100 of 382 messages
24/07/2013 at 14:37

For a man who complains about people giving abuse, Mr Shouty Yellow man gives a lot out. Hypocrite.

24/07/2013 at 14:49

Scream, Sister, Ian, Bruce, Mr A - why dont we all just accept that Intermanaut is the expert on here, knows everything that is going off, is not prepared to see the point of view of many other people and we are all wrong ? To quote, "I also understand the problems the come with supporting a platform that's used in different guises by several publications and thousands of users" - now, a certain previous poster on here was also an expert in this area and said person came out with ways in which improvements could made, issues resolved etc. I dont see Intermanaut offering any help or advice, they are merely moaning at us moaning about RW. So why dont we all just piss off....

24/07/2013 at 14:53

@carterusm - how can I offer advice to RW when I have no visibility of the application beyond the front-end?  That would be like asking a mechanic to fix my car while it's in my garage and he's in Madrid.

24/07/2013 at 14:56

He could tell you how to fix your car over in Madrid. Surely you can use a spanner.

24/07/2013 at 15:00

@Intermanaut - so how do you deal with your clients when there is an issue with the work you are doing on their platform ? Do you keep them informed, hold regular bug defect meetings, discuss requirements etc or do you just ignore them ?

24/07/2013 at 15:01

No, he couldn't.  The only information the mechanic has is this:

• I have a car.
  • It's in my garage.
  • It doesn't work.

24/07/2013 at 15:03
Ben RW wrote (see)

Homepage posting is a good idea, thanks for that. 

Please post on the forum as well, I and I expect others don't often visit the home page, I jump straight in.

As for shite service, well, this website is free to use, it is not compulsory to use it and if you feel that you're not getting what you deserve from it, then I'm not sure there will be anything we can do to change that. 

Get the forum working? Communicate? Just a couple of suggestions.

Mr A Nonymous - saying nothing wouldn't have helped. 

Screama - I would love to butter your parsnips. A more transparent timelime might be useful, but Intermanaut is right, the IT guys aren't going to come on here and talk to you. That's not how it works, I'm afraid you're stuck talking to me. 

Could you not (possibly via someone else) talk to the IT guys and pass a summary on?

seren nos    pirate
24/07/2013 at 15:09

this has happened a couple of times over the years and it always takes days to sort out........It is annoying but life goes on....It will get sorted in time for the selection of the next super 6 or whatever they are called...

I agre that all the insults to Ben as uncalled for.........if it was in most places those throwing the insults would be banned from the place.....

If everyone goes for a long run it will get sorted eventually.........why so much panic......especially from those who only post once a year or so.

24/07/2013 at 15:10

Bouncing Barlist. Im not asking for Ben to kiss my arse. However if his job is to monitor forums and all he does is pop his head in every 2 weeks. Now if im wrong and thats all his boss requires him to do then thats fine.

24/07/2013 at 15:21
Intermanaut wrote (see)

Perhaps you should be asking yourself, "Could it be that Intermanaut is right, and the 99% are wrong?"

FFS, do you actually read the Shit you type before you press SUBMIT ? or are you just after the title of Chief Troll ??  Surely it cant be possible for any one person to have their head this far up their own arse ??

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 15:22
24/07/2013 at 15:25

@Rich Jackson - why is what I asked not a fair question?  I'm certainly not trolling.

24/07/2013 at 15:35
carterusm wrote (see)

@Intermanaut - so how do you deal with your clients when there is an issue with the work you are doing on their platform ? Do you keep them informed, hold regular bug defect meetings, discuss requirements etc or do you just ignore them ?

24/07/2013 at 15:38

Intermanaut, when you were young did your mother tell you it was OK to walk into oncoming traffic because if the traffic had any sense it would go around you?

If so that might be where you developed your unfortunate attitude.

24/07/2013 at 15:41

Well its fairly simple really.  You are suggesting that 99% of the stakeholders are wrong and should just fuck off.  OK so I paraphrased but not by much.  There are numerous frustrations on here and have been for some time, there is a provision for reporting these issues which is pretty much ignored.  I would also suggest that the Forum is not owned by RW, its ours therefore as things went rapidly down hill and nobody appeared to give a shit then users/stakeholders vented their frustration.  You then come on, Trolling, telling them to piss off if they dont like the fact that our Forum has been fucked up and no one appears to gives a toss.

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 15:42
24/07/2013 at 15:42

@carterusm - we keep them informed.  Once they're clients we meet them very rarely; I can't remember ever holding a bug/defect meeting with any of them, though we do have integrated, custom software for handling defect tracking that's available to all users.

There's a difference between managing an application on which a client's livelyhood depends and a free internet forum on which, for users like you and me,  nothing depends, though.

cc/@Rich Jackson

That's why I suggested that the 99% are wrong on how they're seeing the problems of the last few days.  They're looking at it like this:

• Aaarghh! The RW forum is broken and now my life is at a standstill until it's fixed.  I can't feed my kids, the money is draining from my bank account, and I'm running out of air.  We're all going to die.  Painfully.

I look at it like this?

• Meh.

@Screamapillar - you mean my attitude that this forum is of no particular  importance and that the arse doesn't fall out of the world if it isn't working, and that problems with a service we're using *for free* does not entitle anyone to start chucking abuse at the RW staff, who may or may not be in a position to directly affect its fixing?

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 15:46
24/07/2013 at 15:50

For something that doesn't matter to you you're doing an awfully good job of posting loudly and frequently about it.

24/07/2013 at 15:51

Whether 99% are wrong or right its a majority. Isnt that how a democratic society works ? Clearly I'm part of the 99% and you part of the 1% although my kids are eating perfectly well and whilst the air is styfling it isnt causing me too much concern. Perhaps your Tin Star is clouding your judgment and you feel an obligation to toe the party line with Ben ? although if this is the case I'd lay off the swearing if I were you as it upsets him.

Or perhaps you are just a Troll...

24/07/2013 at 15:56

@Screamapillar - you, and others, asked questions of me.  I'm answering them.

24/07/2013 at 15:57

@Intermanaut

don't really see the point of hosting a public forum if you can't keep it running

no point swearing at your 'customers'

take the darn thing down if you don't want to run it anymore

just sayin'

24/07/2013 at 16:02

@LouiseG - well, yes, shutting it down is an option, I suppose.  Whether or not you can keep a forum running is a different matter, and it depends on how key having the forum is to the rest of the business - is it worthy enough of resource that's better used elsewhere.

81 to 100 of 382 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.