Dear RW Towers

Can you make some changes please?

7 messages
22/05/2012 at 23:16
Can you please show people's post count as the default position when they start on here. I think it would help people be nicer to new posters. Plus, why is it now so many avatars don't display on the IPad? And is there any rationale to the changes? I'm at a bit of a loss to understand what it's added and it seems to have taken a lot away.
22/05/2012 at 23:19
I realise that questions from a dog in a wig may lack gravitas, but hey, it works for me.
23/05/2012 at 11:23
Jeepers wrote (see)

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="font-size: small;">

¡ Hola Young Pup y muy buenas!  I used to live in Madrid - c/Siliceo 25 if I remember correctly (but it was nearly 35 years ago).  Hope you're enjoying yourself.

<span style="font-size: small;">Hills are good, but be careful of the effect that they can have on your achilles if you do too much too soon.  I once treated myself to a trainer, she had me doing hills before my legs were strong enough and after the first session I picked up an achilles niggle which took 3 months to sort out.

<span style="font-size: small;">I agree re VLM - I've no interest at all in doing it, I only do small, local races - I prefer them and I'd rather support a club than some conglomerate.  And I reckon that it's much harder to dig deep when there's no-one on the course than when the streets are lined with people cheering you on.  I was once even asked if the mara that I'd planned to do was the same length as London.  I kid you not.

<span style="font-size: small;">3m D+D, felt less tired than yesterday, so obviously yesterday was knock-on effect from Sunday.  Pace not vastly different, but HR dropping by 5+ bpm, so while it doesn't necessarily feel like it, I must be improving

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="font-size: small;">Weather was so much warmer this morning as well - a good 10 - 15* I should guess.

And what the flip was all that about? 

Posted in exactly the same way as all my other posts - never had it before, only happened since the upgrade.

23/05/2012 at 13:15

Still no sign of "my forum, my bookmarks", etc., at the top of my screen!

LIVERBIRD    pirate
23/05/2012 at 22:08
Do you know what's pissing me off? I'm getting notifications of a new poster, only to find its me
24/05/2012 at 07:38
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
Do you know what's pissing me off? I'm getting notifications of a new poster, only to find its me

I've been getting that too, plus no notifications on threads that I've marked as "following" and (just to make sure) I've ticked the "Email me when a response is made?" box.  However, I have been getting notifications on threads on which I used to post, but haven't in months.  And even more  -  threads that I have never seen, let alone lurked or  posted.

15/06/2012 at 21:26

I'm wondering if any of these notifications are being triggered by the spam posts. Some of the spam posts are being automatically hidden so you can't see the post - you can also see the name of the last poster in the forum section. Could that explain some of your alerts?

Edited: 15/06/2012 at 21:27

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.