entering an event via this website

5 messages
26/10/2012 at 12:57

I'm new to this and obviously pretty thick

I want to enter an event and was told I had to do it via this website - can see the event but can't see how I enter it. When I click on it it says I need to subscribe to runners world.

Any tips on what to do?

26/10/2012 at 13:01

Who told you you had to do it via this site?

Most races have their own websites these days, and if not you can usually enter the old-fasioned way - a paper form!

RW have this loony thing where info about some races is for subscribers only.  You shouldn't have to subscribe in order to enter an event. 

If RW really is the only path to entry of your chosen event, contact the organisers of the race  and tell them that RW are restricting access and therefore reducing entries!

(and you're not thick.  Although you may be, but not for not understanding this...... it makes no sense to anyone!)

Edited: 26/10/2012 at 13:03
26/10/2012 at 13:13

Thanks - race organiser has said it is via this website. I will get back in touch again with him

26/10/2012 at 15:58

whats the event?

28/10/2012 at 08:23
Ladybower 50 in Sept next yr

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.