Forum issues - roundup and feedback

21 to 28 of 28 messages
29/06/2012 at 09:59

Why is it taking you so long to fix all of this?

You realise that it comes across that you have so little respect for the forum users that you CBA to put in the effort.

29/06/2012 at 10:45
Jeepers wrote (see)

Why is it taking you so long to fix all of this?

You realise that it comes across that you have so little respect for the forum users that you CBA to put in the effort.

+1

02/07/2012 at 09:52

So it's been three weeks since the spam attack and what have Immediate Media done to stop the spammers getting in? Not very much by the looks of things. If I  could be arsed, I'd find the post by Dave where he said they 'probably should' do a few different things re capcha signup etc and nothing's changed. Seriously sort it out RW.

02/07/2012 at 10:38

@littleninja - I think the only reason that there isnt more comments here is because the mods are doing such a good job at killing the amount of spam. If you looked at the site over the weekend when most of them were at outlaw.... there was A LOT of spam created.

It looks like RW/Immediate Media are trying to hide behind fixing the issue by getting the mods to hide it for them.

If they want people to leave the forum - they're going the right way about it.

02/07/2012 at 10:45

We should go and spam their RW FB page. Then they'll know what it's like

02/07/2012 at 11:16
Emmy_bug wrote (see)

@littleninja - I think the only reason that there isnt more comments here is because the mods are doing such a good job at killing the amount of spam. If you looked at the site over the weekend when most of them were at outlaw.... there was A LOT of spam created.

It looks like RW/Immediate Media are trying to hide behind fixing the issue by getting the mods to hide it for them.

If they want people to leave the forum - they're going the right way about it.

Well, it's back to the age-old problem - there are three issues, massive spam attacks, "normal" spam attacks and poor functionality of the forum.

As a Spam Womble, all I do is check for spam when I log on (and only then, I don't spend extra time on here, just on "Spam Patrol"), if I find any (as I did last night/ this morning), then I bozo it as we've been asked.

Most of the time, we can deal with "normal" spam attacks, but if it's a deluge / massive spam attack, then IMHO, that's something for RW Towers to sort out. 

The functionality is a separate issue again.

03/07/2012 at 17:16

Hi all,

We have an update to the site scheduled for Thursday - we'll give you warning when it's about to happen. Hopefully, more of the bugs generated in the forum update will be fixed then and it will also give the site faster loading times. If you continue to have problems, do let us know.

Regarding the forum spam problems, we have been working closely with our tech team to find a long-term solution. Hopefully we should be able to give you a more concrete answer by the end of the week, but trust us, we have been prioritising this.

It's also worth adding how grateful we are to the 'spam wombles' for all their help in the last few weeks. They have done a truly sterling job.

Best,

Dominique RW

06/07/2012 at 11:05

It looks like you need the spam wombles on the FB page too Dominique

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.