Forum Notifications

13 messages
10/07/2008 at 08:37
All my notifications disappeared yesterday, anybody know why?
10/07/2008 at 08:57

So have mine - makes it impossible to find an earlier thread since search function is rubbish.

10/07/2008 at 09:32

Hi guys

We upgraded servers yesterday to improve the notification process but your settings shouldn't have disappeared - I'm in the process of trying to  get these restored for you now.

Thanks for your patience.

10/07/2008 at 09:46
Hey Catherine I'd rather you got on with sending my e-mail telling me I'm one of the Super Six  than sorting my notifications!
10/07/2008 at 11:05

Hi Guys,

As Catherine has said, we' are currently working to move all of your existing notification preferences across to the new system.  This should be completed today and I will post back as soon as this has been done. 

In the meantime, please note there are a few changes about the way we send out notifications.  When you subscribe to a thread, and someone else replies, you will receive a notification.  However, you will not receive any more until you re-visit the thread.  In essence, you will only receive one notification regardless of how many replies have been made to the thread until you re-visit.

I hope this clears it up.  If you have any questions, please post them here.

Cheers,

Chris 

10/07/2008 at 12:32
yey they're back
LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/07/2008 at 13:23

Chris Evans!

I wondered what had happened to you after Don't forget your toothbrush........

Sorry - couldn't resist!

I noticed mine had all disappeared yesterday. I thought God was telling me to get off here and do some work!

10/07/2008 at 14:03

I've heard them all before - if anyone can think of one I haven't i'll be impressed!

Anyway, the notification import is going on as we speak, it will take about another 3 hours to complete so bear with us.   Some users will be good to go already while others may need to wait until the import has finished.

Cheers,

Chris

LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/07/2008 at 07:21

I know this is "off thread" but this is one for Chris Evans....

I used to know a man called Harry Potter. He was well into his 90's when the books came out and always felt that he'd had the name far longer than the geeky kid in the specs and was sore about it.

So one day he goes to the hospital for an appointment and a woman calls his name out....

"Harry Potter"??

*gasps all around as the whole waiting room looks for Daniel Radcliffe, only to be disappointed by this little old man shuffling forward*

"I do wish you people would call me Harold" he says. "How would you like it if you had a name like mine"?

"You're joking aren't you"? came the reply "My name's Anne Robinson"!!!!!

11/07/2008 at 08:18
Oooo! So you took up my notifications idea, then?
11/07/2008 at 10:18

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know the notification import has now been completed so all of you notification preferences should now be intact.  Please post back here if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Chris

LIVERBIRD    pirate
11/07/2008 at 12:59

The only issue I get is sometimes my post takes an age to upload and then times out. I get a red page from you lot telling me that you've logged my error! If I refresh the screen in the middle of the upload it automatically posts my message!

Is that my end then or yours?

11/07/2008 at 13:47

Hi LIVEERBIRD,

If you're seeing the red screen of death, then it's our issue (this is our generic server error page).  What time were you making posts when it happened?  Is this still happening now?  I fixed a similar bug earlier today,  is it still happening?

Cheers,

Chris

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.