Gear Reviews

New Products - Can we create a new item please

15 messages
29/10/2009 at 14:21

Dear RW Towers,

There are a lot of new clothing, shoes, gear that is not listed and we would like to be able to create new items as and when needed.

Currently there is no way we can do this and I am sure that a good number of people would love to create/ add to the list of entries and start a review of a new product.

e.g. Liverbird and her Sports Bra ,
Rodeo Clown and Vibrams Five Fingers

The list could go on and on

Thank you.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
29/10/2009 at 14:49

Adidas anti-blister socks too!

They're the dog's danglies!

Good point Gaz - I thought it was just me who couldn't find how to do it....

29/10/2009 at 15:42
I've had a really good look around the FAQ's and Forum notes but can't find anythng that gives an indication that we the user can create/add Review Items to the list of kit only add a review
LIVERBIRD    pirate
30/10/2009 at 08:37

Another thing I found a bit odd....

How come we can only review UK races on here? I would've liked to have given my two pennies worth about Dublin but I quickly realised that there isn't an option to do so.

Are we pretending that people in the UK only run UK races? Dublin is closer to my house than most UK marathons! (it's just that pesky wet stuff getting in the way)

And the flipping Euro....

30/10/2009 at 11:03

Did you pay €70 or €80 LB, either way along with your fare across it is an expensive event compared to say FLM/VLM wouldn't you say

LIVERBIRD    pirate
30/10/2009 at 13:00

€76 if I remember correctly, by the time I'd finishing paying their "fee for no reason" fees....

They don't think that's expensive in Ireland.

I paid €60 in taxis at the weekend (four journeys all less than a mile and a half)

I hope we never go into the Euro.....

30/10/2009 at 17:55

I guess compared to NYC Marathon then no

Come on RW Towers, when may we see an answer to the question??

LIVERBIRD    pirate
02/11/2009 at 16:13
I was wondering that too......
02/11/2009 at 17:59

Hi guys

Apologies for my delayed response. The Gear section is one of the parts of the site that will be getting a revamp when we roll out some new developments later in the year, but I'm afraid it still won't support the option to add reviews against products which aren't listed.

That said, we are looking to expand our listings at the same time, so perhaps you could pop all suggestions here on this thread?

Thanks

Catherine

LIVERBIRD    pirate
02/11/2009 at 21:26

Hi Catherine!

Yeah - I wanted to review the M&S range of sports bras because they're brilliant, but I've got the word round now by starting a thread, which seems to have struck a chord with folk because it's 100 replies long now, so clearly there is a demand for new products.

I was also wondering why we don't seem to be able to review stuff like running jackets and tights. The only things I could find in the women's gear section was t-shirts, socks and bras!

It seems that all the stuff I really rate isn't listed! I love Adidas anti blister socks too....

seren nos    pirate
02/11/2009 at 21:34
I want to review shorts.I love mine and they get wshed 4/5 times a week at the moment and are still showing no signs of wear
LIVERBIRD    pirate
02/11/2009 at 21:36
It does seem rather odd that we can only review t-shirts doesn't it Seren?
seren nos    pirate
02/11/2009 at 22:16
I never wear t-shirts as I always run in club vests.......and I want to review millions of things to take your number 1 place off you
18/11/2009 at 11:38

I wish the flipping list in the gear section would be updated.
There are so many new products on the market which are not on the RW gear section.

Catherine, I understand we cannot create a review and only those from the list.
But, I would love to review a product which is not on this site. Unless RW update the
list because there are products out there which are not listed. It would be ideal if RW
created a members gear review where we can post our view on a product but is separate from
the main gear review section.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
18/11/2009 at 13:43
seren nos - dyn haearn wrote (see)
I never wear t-shirts as I always run in club vests.......and I want to review millions of things to take your number 1 place off you

Reviewing shouldn't count for as much as it does! I've only ever reviewed nine fings anyway....
Edited: 18/11/2009 at 13:43

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.