ignor this thread as it for me to delt the rubssih i get when i cut and paste

my goodness they messed this forum up

21 to 40 of 45 messages
18/05/2012 at 04:55

Well never got around to the run yesterday but did cycle to an from work which is a 3 mile journey each way so wasn't totally lazy

Edited: 18/05/2012 at 04:56
19/05/2012 at 10:44

Morning all

well resting up today ready for tomorrow but looking forward to tomorrow between us me and my friend have decided to run together to spur each other on as my friend is looking for a good time just hope i can keep<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> up with them

Tiny well done on breaking the 10 mile barrier great achieve meant

B&T welcome to the toe nail club i had them after all the Brighton marathons the first time the black grew out but last year i lost the nail i thought i got away with it this year but no such luck although it looks like it just going to grow out again

Foxy sounds like you have a busy time ahead good luck with the new job sounds really interesting

Edited: 19/05/2012 at 10:45
22/05/2012 at 11:42

Morning all                                                                                                                                                                              

Well just 3 miles for me to day as i begin the training for the GNR in September did a 40 minute gym session yesterday with a 3 miles run on the treadmill i can’t remember if I’ve said this before but this is what i am going to try to do now instead of just 3 runs a week and a long run on a Friday

When i start training for Brighton again i shall continue by replacing one of 5 mile runs with it

Booey don’t be too hard on yourself you done so well so far and you seem to have the determination to see it through as JLB3 say’s don’t cut all the treats out otherwise it becomes more like a punishment

JLB3 we all a bad boy sometimes you to have done exceptionally well wise i had some of your self control at the moment getting under 12st seems like a pipe dream

Words the way you’re improving 52 minutes will be no problem i wouldn’t be surprised if your closer to 50

Edited: 22/05/2012 at 11:44
23/05/2012 at 11:56

Did 3 miles yesterday what a lovely change to run in the sun can’t beat the scenery you have you have Words great photo the whole thing took me 26:43 Avg pace of 8:51m/m so really pleased with that after Sunday

So as predicted the Garmin work perfectly again so i must get a mental block on race days somehow and be doing something wrong when i am setting it up Oh well you live and learn

Edited: 23/05/2012 at 11:57
24/05/2012 at 04:28

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">well no run for me yesterday had a rest day as the Gas man was coming to service the fire and boiler boilers was fine the gas fire was a different story they usually just take the front off and give it a good clean then put it back together and Bobs your uncle all done <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> 

<span style="font-family: Calibri; color: #000000; font-size: small;">Oh no not this time they changed the way they do it now he had the whole fire out cleaned it then the problems started to cut a long story short he got here 2pm and was just packing up at 6pm as i was leaving for and he has to come back today to finish reassembling it

<span style="font-family: Calibri; color: #000000; font-size: small;">So i am going to have to try and get out for my run before he gets here or just a the 3 to the 5 i was going to do on Friday

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Yvonne well you be on your own for them as that’s a little faster than i will ever be so when you get that fast give me a shout and you can pace me round

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Speediersal sorry you had to miss your club a blocks can be pins in the a** sometimes well that’s what the O/H says any way

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Tiny feel free to rant away i think we’ve all done it at some point along the way

<span style="font-family: Calibri; color: #000000; font-size: small;">waves to everyone else hope your all well

24/05/2012 at 04:28

well no run for me yesterday had a rest day as the Gas man was coming to service the fire and boiler boilers was fine the gas fire was a different story they usually just take the front off and give it a good clean then put it back together and Bobs your uncle all done

h no not this time they changed the way they do it now he had the whole fire out cleaned it then the problems started to cut a long story short he got here 2pm and was just packing up at 6pm as i was leaving for and he has to come back today to finish reassembling it

So i am going to have to try and get out for my run before he gets here or just a the 3 to the 5 i was going to do on Friday

Yvonne well you be on your own for them as that’s a little faster than i will ever be so when you get that fast give me a shout and you can pace me round

Speediersal sorry you had to miss your club a blocks can be pins in the a** sometimes well that’s what the O/H says any way

Tiny feel free to rant away i think we’ve all done it at some point along the way

Colin yes must say i do enjoy training over the shorter distance perhaps a little too much as i found it very hard to get motivated to get out and do the longer runs for Brighton this year

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Nessie hope your sons ok look after yourself as well

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">ffRUN the same goes for you as well

waves to everyone else hope your all well

Edited: 24/05/2012 at 04:43
25/05/2012 at 03:40

Well no run yesterday as the gas men didn't arrive till 4.45 it took them all of 15 minutes to what they had to and put the fire back together

So i may well do 8 today or just run for along as i feel like it at this stage of the training i can still be pretty easy as when i look back there only really 2 weeks this year so far i haven't been training for some thing

Edited: 25/05/2012 at 03:41
25/05/2012 at 03:41

Well no run yesterday as the gas men didn't arrive till 4.45 it took them all of 15 minutes to what they had to and put the fire back together

So i may well do 8 today or just run for along as i feel like it at this stage of the training i can still be pretty easy as when i look back there only really 2 weeks this year so far i haven't been training for some thing

Edited: 25/05/2012 at 03:42
25/05/2012 at 17:35

Afternoon all

Well got out for the run went for the keep going till I’d had enough today which would off ended up being 10 miles had i still not been 3 miles from home the first 10 miles went OK i managed to keep the pace between 9 and 10mm miles excepted once

But by that time the heat was getting a little too much and i walked and ran the last 3 pace slowing to over 11m/m for the next 2 and over 13 for the last one but that was mainly uphill well that’s my excuse any way

The whole thing took 2:17:24 with an Avg pace 10:20m/m jumped straight in a cold shower to cool me down it then took me 2 hrs to get dressed as it was 2pm when i started lead down on the bed to put my shock on and the next thing i know its 4pm

Have to say the swimming sounds rather appealing and i do admit to using the kids padding pool when they were younger to cool down after work

Edited: 25/05/2012 at 17:36
26/05/2012 at 10:11

just a test

28/05/2012 at 13:13

Afternoon all

just 3 miles for me today had to take the car to garage so drove there and ran home daughter came down on Saturday so caught up with how her training is going

Edited: 28/05/2012 at 13:13
29/05/2012 at 04:12

Tiny the daughters doing OK she has been running on an off for a couple of years nothing regular and did do the Bristol 10k with me and the wife back in 2010 although it did take us 1:41:36 to get around but we ran tougher as a family and all finished together

i think she got fed up with me nagging about her weight as she was beginning to become rather heavy i was only nagging her about her weight after seeing the problems my sister-in-law was having being that large it kind of worried me so i think in the end it was a case of if you can’t beat them join them

And to her credit she has lost quite a bit in fact since just before last Christmas she lost over half a stone in weight she did say she was struggling in the heat with getting enough water and was thinking of getting herself a camelbak

So it was just as well she did come down as i had bought both her and the wife a hydration back pack without them knowing

Edited: 29/05/2012 at 04:13
02/06/2012 at 09:47

Morning all

no running for me over the weekend but do have to get out in the garden as we have runner and French beans to plant along with some cumber plants

sat here eagerly anticipating the return of my O/H as she doing her first ever park run this morning i did get up and set my Garmin for her to take but then i have to say it was straight back to bed for me

Reading the posts there some good running going on so keep up the good work everyone

Edited: 02/06/2012 at 09:48
06/06/2012 at 03:44

Morning all

had a nice rest full weekend this weekend did a gym session Monday with another fartek session on the treadmill which involved walk half a k run half a k flat out or as fast as the treadmill would go which is about 7.5 miles an hour

then did 4 miles with the O/H yesterday i took her on one of my out and back course out along the A38 she walked a lot of the hills but ran nearly all of the home would leg even at one point telling me to get out the way as i was running to slow for her

Just 3 today it may have to be on the treadmill as i have to be in work early again this week which means taking the bike and if it’s tipping down i really don’t fancy getting wet twice

Edited: 06/06/2012 at 03:45
07/06/2012 at 04:07

Morning all

Well just 3 miles for me yesterday sun was out so went out for a run instead of using the treadmill the whole run took me 25:44 with an Avg pace of 8:30 m/m so pleased as that’s the quickest i been round that route for a while split wise they were 8:42, 8:17 and 8:29

Just need to increases the distance i can run and maintain that pace comfortable as to go sub 1:50:00 you need to run at some ting like 8:13 m/m

rode the bike to work last night did get a little wet but nothing as bad as i thought it was going to be so with the run that’s 9 miles in total for yesterday have a rest day from the running but do have to ride the bike in again lets hope it says dry

Edited: 07/06/2012 at 04:08
11/06/2012 at 04:11

Morning all       

Hi all should be my Gym session today but may just go out for a 3 mile run instead as you guessed it i have to be in work early again this week it wouldn’t have been a problem as it should be my turn for the car but the lady that my O/H shares with has to leave early so she needs the car which means i on the bike again

Thank goodness it’s only 1 day with the weather being what it is at the moment signed up for are locale park run just waiting for the bar code to arrive al i have to do now is get the O/H to kick me out of bed on Saturday morning

Yvonne Your Mum’s dinners sound lovely also sound like you had a busy time of it good luck Wednesday with the 10k

B&T hope your daughters not to bad sounds nasty stabbing herself with a pencil congratulation to Mr B&T on the bike ride had a smile about the muscle relaxant from the pub

tiny don’t beat yourself up to much if the run never felt right you made the right decision and to be honest missing the odd run every now and again isn’t going to make a whole lot of difference remember fit your training around your life not your life around your training

Mel do sympathies about the lack of staff sound like you had your work cut out for you

waves to everyone else hope the running is going well

Edited: 11/06/2012 at 04:13
11/06/2012 at 15:46

good news for me i don't have to cycle to work not such good news for the lady my wife shares a car with she was meant to be going on a balloon fight today but the weathers to bad so they cancelled it

so taking that into consideration and the fact i don’t mind 1 drenching a day went out for a run was only meant to 3 miles today but i weighed myself before i went out and not liking what i saw decided i needed to up the mileage in the end i did 8 miles taking me 1:20:52 with an Avg pace of 9:50m/m

It’s not the quickest i done that route looking back it was about 4 minutes slower than i took coming near to the end of my training for Brighton but about the same as at the beginning mind you i am now about half a stone heavier now that i was then so it just goes to show how much effect carrying the extra weight makes

Edited: 11/06/2012 at 15:47
12/06/2012 at 12:27

Morning all

Just 4 miles for me today i may venture out for a run again as it’s not raining at the moment but will have to see diffidently in the garage tomorrow as i want to do a gym session

Works very quite at the moment although we are meant to be getting some more work in sometime soon from another of depots which has just been closed we were bought out by a company earlier this year that usually buys companies that have gone into receivership and so far they shut 2 depots moved the head office to a smaller building and sold the old one

they then also tried to reduce the money that some of the warehouse staff were on buy about 5,000 pounds a year but everyone join the union which i don’t think they were expecting and that fell though they have now got rid of the sick pay they had and gone back to statuary sick pay

i also have the feeling that there more than meets the eye when this work arrives and hours may be changed yet again on your truly but i will have to wait and see on that one all in all it more than a bit worrying at the moment and i think that contributing to the lack of motivation i had this year

Sorry for the gloom and doom post

Julia glad the running coming alone and you’re busy at work hope the stall goes well no what you mean about the weight loss mines going in the wrong direction

Voley good luck Sunday give Foxy my regards if you see her

Yvonne good luck with the marathon training if you fancy some company on any of your long runs let me know i don’t think there any way of blocking what your ex can see

Susie glad you had a good time in Cornwall

Tiny the running club sounds really great i wish i could join one but as most only meet up during the week with the hours i work it’s in possible to get to one

Jess the race sounds great and well done on beating your time for last year

waves to everyone else

Edited: 12/06/2012 at 12:29
13/06/2012 at 03:18

Morning all

did 4 miles for me yesterday and although it was over cast it was still quite warm so it i went out in shorts and a t-shirt and running vest so much easier to run in than on Monday when because of the weather had the running tights on with a running vest over that a t-shirt then a long sleeved top and a light running jacket plus a hat i did have gloves on but had to take them of as i got to hot

Had to try the hat and gloves out as i was given them on Saturday by my son for my birthday

The run took me 33:45 with an Avg pace of 8:26 m/m so really pleased in the garage today as i want to do a gym session top of with a speed session on the treadmill

F/F hope the cold lifts in time for you 10k and your feeling better soon

Katie coagulation to your sister hope she had the bay by now if so hope mother and baby are doing well and well done on the run home

Edited: 13/06/2012 at 03:19
15/06/2012 at 15:53

Afternoon all

Well 7 miles done ran to work and back so my lottery all paid up weather here’s a mix of sun sunshine and showers at the moment went out in t-shirt and shorts with my dreams come true running vest that’s the charity i will be running the GNR for had a couple of little showers bit nothing bad and even with them it was still on the warm side

the whole run took me 1:04:14 Avg pace of 9:09m/m have to say it went a whole lot better than Monday s 8 miles al the splits were a lot better

Edited: 15/06/2012 at 15:55
21 to 40 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.