Ipad

1 to 20 of 21 messages
13/10/2011 at 21:34
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to read runners world on an ipad with an existing subscription?

Thanks in advance

Lucy
13/10/2011 at 22:26
Si
13/10/2011 at 22:30
Yes, it appears to be.
13/10/2011 at 22:50
Yep doing so now
14/10/2011 at 23:30
How? Just on the web or in the new iOS newsstand runners world download?
17/10/2011 at 20:18
Hi, thanks for your replies. I also have the IOS5 newsstand app and can't work out how to read runners world via that, have any of you managed it? Thanks Lucy
17/10/2011 at 20:24
I can't find Runners World in the News-stand.

I read it via Safari on iPad.
17/10/2011 at 20:59
The app is in newsstand. I have it, but want to move my subscription. I know I have access via safari but in newstanddand you download it and car read offline.
18/10/2011 at 13:46
I have requested through the App details of how I can use my existing subscription to download the Magazine on my iPad but so far no no one has replied. I have had an auto acknowledgment that they received. I have tried many ways but they all want me to pay again for something I have already paid for.
mcs
18/10/2011 at 14:27
I see you can download in apps the latest mag and then subscribe from there. Try ringing the subs telephone number.
22/10/2011 at 21:47
Did anyone ever get a response or find out how to move their subscription?
01/11/2011 at 00:00
I didn't get the courtesy of a reply from Runners World only the company that manages the App who said its not their problem
01/11/2011 at 00:05
Have e-mailed Runners World again
14/11/2011 at 10:25

Hi there,

You'll need to get in touch with our subscriptions team - you can reach them on rodale@subscription.co.uk. Do let me know if they don't get back to your promptly and I'll chase!

At present all I know is that you can use an existing subscription to access this website; I'm not sure how the tech element of accessing a current subscription on Newstand works. Will ask our subs team and let you all know on this thread.

Thanks,

Alice

15/11/2011 at 13:24

Hi all,

I emailed the same question to the subs team (they haven't replied yet) as it seemed like a great idea, but since then I have realised that the ipad price is £10 more expensive for a 12 month subscription. If I can't switch my subscription without having to pay the extra I'll stick with the magazine; I do enjoy that thud on the doormat each month.

23/11/2011 at 18:42
Had a response from the subs team at last. You can't use an existing magazine subscription to view Runner World on newsstand.
08/12/2011 at 11:17
I read this weekend that Hearst publications that publish Runners World have a global policy to charge separately for paper and digital magazines. While I like the magazine this has ped me off and on reflection and as I probably only read a small portion of it I'm going to cancel the magazine completely and save some money
12/12/2011 at 15:59
Ah that is disappointing. hardly encouraging take up is it. I probably would take an iPad sub over paper but not for more money.

Athletics Weekly offer a combined paper and electronic edition subscription . They use Exact Editions and is great for reading it either on iPad or on web browser or even on my Android phone too.

Ps not sure why that profile pic of me has come from as it is not me!
07/04/2012 at 13:31
'Luckily' my Runners World subscription is about to run out.

When you subscribe for a dead tree (paper copy) of Runners World you get access to all the features/articles on the Runner world website. Do you know if this is the same if you get the IOS subscript of Runners World?
16/07/2012 at 15:55

I am still trying to find out if you can access the subscribers only content with a digital subscription number. Phone support did not know and referred me to the Zinio reader website but does not mention this at all. Google has given me conflicting results.

Has anyone found out if (via Zinio or Apple Newstand) if you are able to access the subscriber only content here?

1 to 20 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.