lots of new windows

had to shut down computer

7 messages
15/11/2008 at 11:37

just posted a message which then triggered myriad of new windows to open uncontrollably (containing the message "this thread has been deleted, which i have received several times recently on still active threads). i was up to about 25 windows and had to just shut down the computer thankfully i wasnt working on anything else at the time or unsaved stuff would have been lost.

several peeps have also mentioned lost messages, ie pressing post and nothing appears.

hopefully this one will post succesfully.

15/11/2008 at 11:52

that sounds like a virus on your pc Meglet - I'd advise running your antivirus software check up..

I may be wrong as someone will prob point out, but best to do it anyway... (I  think)

15/11/2008 at 13:28
thanks Chi, was going to do that anyway
15/11/2008 at 13:35

System restore?

Do you use firefox or Internet Explorer?  I find I have a lot of trouble using this forum with IE

I started using firefox after reading about it on here, so I let the kids use IE for all their myspace and stuff,  and I use Firefox.

15/11/2008 at 14:48
thats interesting Mr Puffy. we used firefox for a while then went back to IE. just running virus and spyware scans and might consider that. last post on different computer worked. this post will test this one again. do i dare press the submit button?
15/11/2008 at 14:49
hmm, that worked fine
15/11/2008 at 14:50
Might just have been a glitch then Meglet or a temp prob with RW or who knows.. wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again..

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.