Members page development

1 to 20 of 59 messages
26/06/2013 at 15:06

Hi all,

We're going to upgrading the members pages over the next couple of days and just wanted to let you know. 

The main changes will be an updated captcha security at login, a single page called 'Settings' where member details, settings, and profile pages can all be accessed, a better public 'my forum' page, tidier avatar uploader with the ability to crop, a tidier 'bookmarks' page and a few other tweaks here and there. 

Thanks,
Ben

26/06/2013 at 15:11

O god, it'll all go to hell in a handcart! 

26/06/2013 at 15:33

So we should expect the red page of death sometime soon?

Quick everyone, say anything you've always wanted to say now, you might never get another chance! 

26/06/2013 at 17:20

lol - we keep asking for improvements then fear the worse when they are promised. I wouldn't have Ben's job for the world. 

I await the red screen of death with eager anticipation. 

26/06/2013 at 19:26

I don't demand improvements - I'd like to just go back to a state where things worked, which mostly they used to before they fiddled with it.

The search facility has always been crap, though, so fixing that would be a bonus.

Why is it that any thread that you post on becomes a "followed" thread?  I don't get notifications for them all, but if I look at "followed threads", I see every thread I've posted on!

27/06/2013 at 08:32

I'd just be happy if they could get rid of all this fookin' spam...........

01/07/2013 at 13:05

Looking at the other threads the "improvements" have all kicked in

01/07/2013 at 13:10

I've just had a look at 'my settings'.  

Apparently my weekly mileage is "a few pounds"

01/07/2013 at 13:27

In weight or coinage? 

Seriously though RW, what's happening wih bookmarks and other settings? Can we at least have an update?

If my website took as long to fix as yours the entire IT team would have been sacked by now. 

I bet your nemesis, DF3, could probably have done all this stuff in  a couple of hours.

01/07/2013 at 15:42
Wilkie wrote (see)

I've just had a look at 'my settings'.  

Apparently my weekly mileage is "a few pounds"

lol  mine is half a stone. I knew I'd put weight on. 

01/07/2013 at 15:53

My weekly mileage is "up to a stone." Doesn't make any sense

01/07/2013 at 16:30

Haha mines up to a stone as well. 

Probably take a few weeks to sort that little issue out hey?

01/07/2013 at 16:44
Ben RW wrote (see)
...over the next couple of days...

so no actual deadline then?

01/07/2013 at 16:44

can we please have the bookmarks back, i cant remember what i've already booked onto and what events i had saved waiting to be booked onto

seren nos    pirate
01/07/2013 at 16:50

I thuibk we noted the other day.................why on earth have you made every post anyone has ever made so easily to see,,,,,,,,instead of the last 5 only.........

now any employer or stalker can go back and read and not everything........and times and dates etc....

can't see why on earth you felt the need to put in this provision

01/07/2013 at 17:06
seren nos wrote (see)

I thuibk we noted the other day.................why on earth have you made every post anyone has ever made so easily to see,,,,,,,,instead of the last 5 only.........

now any employer or stalker can go back and read and not everything........and times and dates etc....

can't see why on earth you felt the need to put in this provision

Thanks for pointing that out. I think it's rather concerning and don't like it at all. 

seren nos    pirate
01/07/2013 at 17:19

why on earth add that feature.......surely they would have been better off sorting out the search function........

this is certainly stalker heaven now......they don't even need to log on to have access to every word you have ever written on here......

don't upset any work mates who know your forum name as they can go searching incase you ever mentioned your work on line.or even posted online

M...eldy    pirate
01/07/2013 at 17:24

Regardless of visibility of posts from here to eternity, if you are slagging people off either from work or personal life you can still be found out ..

I think its all a little over dramatic 

seren nos    pirate
01/07/2013 at 17:27

they might find you but it would be impossible to go back through your posts without reading every singlre thread ever.........

now they can just get your name up and sit down with a bottle and start reading.........

I don't actually work so i'm ok .....I think

Lee the Pea    pirate
01/07/2013 at 17:36

I'm just annoyed all my bookmarked forum threads seem to have disappeared.  Royal pain in the arse that

1 to 20 of 59 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.