New Forum Category?

10 messages
18/01/2008 at 11:51

I was wondering if anyone would think it worthwhile to add a new forum category specifically for health or nutrition. There seems to be a forum category for most other elements of running.

Just a thought...

18/01/2008 at 11:54

I wouldn't object, but there is one for Health (and injury) already.

18/01/2008 at 11:56
Yeah, I did spot that. But thought a specific Nutrition category would be beneficial rather than mixing it up with injuries, or using the training/general forums.
kittenkat    pirate
18/01/2008 at 12:20

Good idea

18/01/2008 at 14:55

Would this category include debates about supplement use, for example use of glucosamine or creatine, etc.  If so, where would  debates on the effects of steroid abuse in athletics/cycling or the lifting of the Ohuruogu ban go?

18/01/2008 at 16:09
Is that a genuine concern, or just sarcasm? It's hard to tell.
21/01/2008 at 10:44
Genuine I hope, sorry if post appears otherwise.  Health and nutrition, as a topic, does include questions about supplement use, to my mind - I don't use supplements personally but I know many runners who do (ie legal supplements) and it is a very topical issue.  Trouble is as soon as you bring these into the new category it also brings in question of banned substances - they'd probably have to be included too (certainly don't feel debates on steroids, etc belong just in the clubhouse).
cougie    pirate
21/01/2008 at 10:46
I think Health covers it already.
21/01/2008 at 11:10
The US site has a nutrition category - the generally accepted term they use over there is the "Nuts" area. So perhaps a different title?
21/01/2008 at 12:29

I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of food, diet, supplements etc rather than discussions around drugs/steroids and such. But I think having a separate area would make browsing nutrition based threads a bit friendlier.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.