Nike Ad

Unable to post

11 messages
M...eldy    pirate
07/02/2013 at 19:10

I want to post in the Working at it Slowly thread in Beginners
I can navigate to that particular thread quite happily
It is surrounded by the Nike advert on both sides and each time I 'click' in the box to reply to the thread I am automitacally directed to the Nike website vai 'double click'

I cannot post in the thread at all ......  

GGgrrrrrrr'

M...eldy    pirate
07/02/2013 at 19:13

In fact I cant post in any of the Beginners forum at all .....

Clubhouse is fine as the Nike ad doesnt appear there

07/02/2013 at 21:46

Same problem in the whole of the training forum as far as I can tell.  The whole screen, apart from where there are proper links to other things, appears to link to the Nike ads.  It's bad enough, but they're advertising knitted shoes that cost a bomb.  It's like a really bad April Fool's joke.

Sort it out RW!!

M...eldy    pirate
07/02/2013 at 21:51

I'm sorry Phil, but I am glad its not just me !!

07/02/2013 at 22:40

I've worked out a work-around: quote somebody else's post in the thread.  You can then click in the quoted box to type and edit, and work from there. 

That being said... sort it out RW!!!

08/02/2013 at 00:48

Nike is probably paying a fee to RW every time the advert is clicked !

09/02/2013 at 10:43

We've had this problem before 

I'm guessing everyone is using IE as this like the times before this happens. In chrome while the ad does still exist you can at least post 

But please RW sort it out. Chrome is good  but not always reliable at least here anyway

M...eldy    pirate
09/02/2013 at 11:49
Oh I might be Pammie, will check and switch to Firefox and see if there is a difference, meanwhile I am using the quoting trick!!
11/02/2013 at 10:58

Still nothing having tweeted the problem on Thursday as thought this would be quicker nothing happened just emailed editor see if owt happens

Phil the quote thing works but it is a bit of a palaver i'm sure'd agree

M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 11:44

I have reported this thread ... see if that speeds things up!

11/02/2013 at 13:11

Hi All,

Thanks for alerting us to this, we are currently looking into it and will keep you updated.

Thanks 

Annie

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.