online race entry service

IDEA for online race entry

4 messages
21/09/2002 at 07:50
You've probably already thought of this ... but ..
it would be great to have an online race entry service. Personally I'd be prepared to pay a premium for this as it saves the postage and hassle of remembering to send off the form.
It would also mean our standard profile can be entered so there is minimal effort.
Online payments would save a bunch of hassle for the clubs to as Runners World could bulk EFT monies to the organisers bank account.
As future option you could then post results against profiles meaning subscribers have an online race history.
Would also save a stack of postage and printing costs with organisers sending out hard copy race results afterwards.
24/09/2002 at 17:57
John, we are already working on an online entry system. It was the main reason we redesigned the site and set up the intricate profiling for members. Once we know your running details we also plan to advise you of any events that fall within your running preferences by e-mail. The online entry system is in the final stages of testing and we will be up and running (groan!) by the end of the year.
25/09/2002 at 11:49
John,

It's making my life misery at the moment. But we're very nearly there.

It should do all the things you mention.

I hope you guys like it.

Jeremy
25/09/2002 at 20:33
great. thanks for the feedback.
John

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.