Runners World Team

I don't know where to rate the Dublin 2010 Marathon race

14 messages
16/12/2010 at 22:41

Dear Runners World Team, I wanted to rate  Dublin Marathon 2010, but I can not find the event rating.

Is there Runners World UK Dublin Marathon Event?

16/12/2010 at 22:43
Could I post it here 
16/12/2010 at 22:45

Please let me know.

Thanks

16/12/2010 at 23:11
16/12/2010 at 23:12
 Excellent
LIVERBIRD    pirate
17/12/2010 at 13:55

Seriously?

Are you talking to yourself?

And have you looked it up on the map?

Dublin is in Ireland. They haven't moved it.

25/12/2010 at 23:10

Running the 30th Adidas Dublin Marathon was absolutely fabulous.

Running Dublin Marathon, also known as the friendly marathon, was the hardest race I’ve ever ran. Why you may ask?  The Hotel’s oats porridge that morning had given me the runs! This was completely unexpected. The laxative effect started to take affect from mile three and got much worse throughout the entire race.

Participating in the Dublin Marathon meant so much to me that nothing was going to stop me.  Folks, lets just say I had a messy and sticky finish. 

The race itself was very organised and also there was a lot of bottled water.  The runners were very friendly and chatty and the spectators were very lively throughout the 26.2 miles.  The race was not flat but had hills and was undulating in places.  Running through Phoenix park was very picturesque.

The black Dublin Marathon medal, the  technical running shirt and goody bag made running the race really worth it.

I would just like to say that the lifestyle sports centre, where the runners collected their number and chip, was very good indeed- I went there twice!  I would also like to thank ‘Dublin Up and Running’ for being so kind :=)

I would highly recommend Dublin Marathon to everyone but not if you’ve got the runs!

Oops, I nearly forgot- Dublin Marathon is on a Bank Holiday Monday next year and will be held at 09.00  on 31st October, 2011.  Cut off time is 8 hours :=) 
25/12/2010 at 23:13
Karen, sometimes when i read your posts I realise i am in the presence of genius
18/01/2011 at 16:01

Hi Karen,

Race listings are put on the site by organisers rather than the editorial team at Runner's World. We also only accept listings for events on the UK mainland, which is why you couldn't find the Dublin Marathon available to rate.

I'm sure the Dublin Marathon organisers would love to hear your feedback though - perhaps you could drop them an email!

Alice

18/01/2011 at 16:16

i don't know where to rate it either.

maybe just above the london and edinburgh marathons.

18/01/2011 at 16:26

I want to hear more about the porridge.

18/01/2011 at 16:38

all sounds very unpleasant.

was probably the 6 pints of guinness the night before.

04/03/2011 at 00:02
Sorry Alice I could not find Wokingham half RW event
04/03/2011 at 00:04

Wokingham half is probably one of the best half marathons in the country –well that’s my opinion! In this race runners can get a personal best time which makes it so popular with runners.

Folks, it was touch and go whether I would get the weekend off to run the Wokingham half. It was confirmed on Thursday few days before the race that I was off.

I knew I could run this race under 2 hours but running 2 other races in one week and having over trained the previous week, I struggled.   I was not feeling great prior the race and felt much worst after the race.  In fact I was very ill for 3 days after the race. I think my iron levels must have dropped below normal levels. Anyway I survived the ordeal.

What was good about the race was that there were lots of great sign race-posters directing runners to the car parks and race start (West Wickham take note).  All of the Marshalls were nice and friendly.  99% of the runners were nice and friendly except for one miserable sole- I mean soul.  The organisation was faultless.

My only criticism was that the toilet queue to the portaloo was so long that feared I was going to have an embarrassing accident.The scenery during the race was nothing spectacular but to see so many runners was quite picturesque.

The route was not completely flat; mile 10 was toughest mile out of the entire race.  It had a few long undulating areas.  There were many spectators scattered around the course shouting and clapping.  I was pleased I had two Bromley Vet supporters who gave me a loud shout, which cheered me up and kept me motivated.

The weather was rainy windy and which made running difficult.

As for myself I was extremely grateful when I saw the finish line because my legs had died at mile 7. But I still managed to make it under 2 hours :=)

I like my Wokingham medal and the Jamaican coloured ribbon.  This is my first medal of 2011 and hopefully not my last!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.