server date may need looking at ?

8 messages
30/11/2012 at 00:24

There is stuff that appears to be disappearing.

Having once done this for a living, first thing to check is your server date which may be up the wall - either incorrect or volatile.

Second thing to check is the overall volumes of data which may be causing corruption problems due to overload in which case you maybe ought to look at archiving some of the old stuff.

It is also possible that some of your code has a date condition based on 'today's date' which is superfluous as letting things run to end is sufficient.

This may not be the cause but it is a good starting point.

30/11/2012 at 07:05

Agree ... items are not being posted ??????

30/11/2012 at 11:06

I had a cake that disappeared pretty quickly earlier

30/11/2012 at 11:43

Wot no delete ? Will have to just unfollow then. Deleting cookies is of course the other way of sorting it. I think I will go for a ride on my bike now.

07/12/2012 at 08:55

Hi

derek hughes 4: have your problems been resolved now you've deleted your cookies? (I was just reading your other post reported under bugs.)

Thanks

Katie RW

09/12/2012 at 01:26

Katie, i have a workaround. I need to delete cookies every time I access the system otherwise it gives the apperance of nothing having being updated by anyone since last time I accessed it.  I am guessing it is likely to be settings this end which will place a cookie but will not allow a cookie update but it only seems to affect the RW site .Not sure why the cookie manipulation stops me reading to-date and instead only allows me to read till last time I updated but the workaround gets round it and I can live with it.

09/12/2012 at 07:16

You may  find this is another bug previously reported

For some reason, a lot of threads being opened don't automatically go to the last page so it looks like there's no more posts but when you look at the numbers at the top of the page, you'll find you can click further ahead and then the disappearing posts will reappear

09/12/2012 at 16:41

I have seen that one too but sadly not in this case. Even the number of reads of a post does not increase unless cookies are first removed. As I have a workaround though its not too much hard work.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.