Settings in new forum

21 to 34 of 34 messages
M...eldy    pirate
04/05/2012 at 20:41

Mr Fishpoo ... I am running Firefox and seem to have lost the ability to C&P??  Not sure if this is a current problem or just me  

04/05/2012 at 21:05
M...eldy wrote (see)

Mr Fishpoo ... I am running Firefox and seem to have lost the ability to C&P??  Not sure if this is a current problem or just me  

just you, I fear... can you do it on any other sites in Firefox?

valisgonzozen wrote (see)

Sean how about a dash of colour . the threads look a bit anemic or was it intended to look industrial grey and washed out white for a reason. What are the benefits of the new look forum out of interest please.

Re colour: sure, we can discuss with RW. I think a bit of a general design refresh might be on its way anyway.

Re reason for change. We've mentioned it in a couple of places, but I appreciate there are a few threads on the go at the moment: it’s not meant as a big functionality upgrade; we've mainly just moved to a newer programming language (.NET) and taken the chance to address a few easy wins for now, such as better Chrome and mobile compatibility, tidier layouts, and some better moderation functionality.

We've also added a new 'followed threads' page where you can keep track of all the threads you're following, with the most recently-updated ones at the top. The link is in the forum subnav bar on all forum pages.

The update will also make it much easier for us to make changes in the future, eg a full mobile version and heavy-duty spam filtering, and it will be much easier for the editors change the layouts of pages.

M...eldy    pirate
04/05/2012 at 21:30

Hmmmm .. tried in IE as well but no luck

You are probably right tho and it is more than likely operator error 

05/05/2012 at 07:47

Cheers Sean I appreciate the answer and I am also sorry that you probably have had to repeat yourself several times over the last few days, hope it starts to run smother for you  thanks again

Edited: 05/05/2012 at 07:48
10/05/2012 at 13:00

Wahey! "Add to My Bookmarks" link now present and correct

Thanks Sean!

12/05/2012 at 14:47

Sean - I've just tested a theory and I think that if you have pre-existing bookmarks then you are taken to page 1, regardless of your default setting.  If you go into the same thread via other routes you get taken to the last page.

15/05/2012 at 00:29

Hi RLTW - it's a good theory but I haven't been able to replicate it with my account. The only place I know of that ignores the default settings is the messages list in My Forum. We'll keep investigating though...

18/05/2012 at 14:03

My "my forum, my bookmarks", etc. have disappeared again! 

18/05/2012 at 15:52

some of the threads i am following   emails are not letting me know when posts have been put one     2 as far as i know    they are Dovestone diamond and Chester marathon 2012     i have the ticks in email thing at the bottom  

21/05/2012 at 13:29

Yep me too Wilkie

I've lost all my bookmarks etc at the top right hand corner again and still seems to randomly default to either the start or occasionally the middle of a thread when I go to it....

It is getting ridiculously user unfriendly and I know I'm using the site less as a result...

22/05/2012 at 18:55

I am following the sheffield half marathon thread   but not getting emails for this   most of others  no trouble

22/05/2012 at 18:55

just got emails for it

23/05/2012 at 20:11

Please can you sort out the problem with going to latest post from 'my bookmarks'. If I click on the green arrow for the same thread from any of the main forum menus then it's fine, but if I go to that thread from 'my bookmarks' then it always takes me to a post that is now 13 days old. It is a very interesting post - but I now know it off by heart. I have tried deleting the bookmark and then adding it again, but I still get sent back to the same post.

Edited: 23/05/2012 at 20:12
29/05/2012 at 18:51

I am following the sheffield half marathon 2012  thread   but not getting emails for it   others working fine

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.