SPAM Threads

Report them!

9 messages
11/10/2010 at 10:38

Ok, so there have been a lot of spam threads of late.

Annoying though it is, rather than simply posting a reply, report it to RW Towers - it is the quickest way to get the thread removed, otherwise it sits at the top of the hot threads and the new threads.

It wont take any longer than it does to post a response - just goto the 'report thread to moderator'  which is towards the bottom of the page, under the text box.

RW - Is there anyway yuo can ban users with a particular IP address, as per Intermanuts suggestion???

Edited: 11/10/2010 at 10:56
11/10/2010 at 14:06

I think quite a few people report in spam threads.

RW have banned IP addresses before. They did that with Kef.

RW - I still think it'd make sense if you gave some forumites some form of mod power to delete spam on weekends  and in the evenings. Surely it'd save you all time. 

Edited: 11/10/2010 at 14:07
11/10/2010 at 14:36
LN, that is a good idea (and something I think was talked about ages ago). I also think it would be useful to indicate when a thread has already been reported, it would save the mods having to wade through loads of duplicate reports.
11/10/2010 at 15:14
Surely RW Towers and their tech bods could allow forum members to closedown
spam posts. I know other forum sites where a spam post can be automatically closed
after 10 members reporting it. Then again, giving power to us lot might be a step too far.
We could close any post relating to Bromley.
11/10/2010 at 15:32
In fact, we could close down most of the forum in a weekend
11/10/2010 at 16:35
But all people need to do then is type Reported to let everyone else know the thread has been reported?
11/10/2010 at 16:37
Slugsta wrote (see)
In fact, we could close down most of the forum in a weekend
Tempting isn't it? 
14/02/2012 at 18:58
seem to be a lot of spammers on here they need to be stopped now and banned from the RW website
14/02/2012 at 20:00
runnerman wrote (see)
I know other forum sites where a spam post can be automatically closed
after 10 members reporting it.

That seems like a good idea to me.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.