the advent calender

what is happening

21 to 37 of 37 messages
04/12/2012 at 15:44

not working for me either. Usually look forward to the RW advent calander but all this is putting me off. Would be good to know if my comp entry has been registered or not, rather than looking at photos of discounted socks... x

04/12/2012 at 17:52
Ok I have had a reply from sports pursuit and what they are saying works.

Click on the link from runners world then click on my account and log out. Go back to runners world and click on competition icon and it will take you to sports pursuit again then a box will pop up to enter the comp. if you are already a member click login and you will automatically be entered.

Just done it and it worked at last!!!!
04/12/2012 at 18:29

What a lot of messing about - and I'm still not sure if it's worked, as I'm already a member of Sports Pursuit. I don't really see how it can be called the Runner's World advent calendar if it's not even on their website 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
04/12/2012 at 18:34

that is plain stupid......

seren nos yn canu    pirate
04/12/2012 at 18:37

I did all that you said .. a lot of palavar and i still do not believe that i have been entered

M...eldy    pirate
04/12/2012 at 18:42

I am neither confident that that has happened .... do you have to do this every day?

J77
05/12/2012 at 15:52

Keggi,

When you say "it worked at last", did you get a confirmation that you've been entered?

05/12/2012 at 16:12

No I didnt but on their contact they said it would be automatically entered 

05/12/2012 at 20:07

Come on Runners World, start to consider your loyal subscribers and stop with this unnecessary jumping through marketing hoops! We've logged in to your website already so why try and make us log into another one to enter a competition??

How about making this competition work for everyone rather than signing into Sport Pursuit, then clicking today's competition and then being sent back to Sport Pursuit's sales site?????

Isn't it time you rewarded your loyal readers and subscribers rather than just those you're trying to sign up???

05/12/2012 at 22:37

Hello

Thanks for the feedback. Next week we go back to the traditional way of running a competition - a la RW, and we are taking your comments on board for any future competitions we run.

Thanks

Katie RW

06/12/2012 at 09:56

Doesn't work for me either. Already a member of Sports Pursuit. This is a bit rubbish

06/12/2012 at 12:09

You need to log out of the Sports Pursuit website then click on the advent calendar link for it to work each day.

If you don't log out from their site first, the lightbox doesn't appear.

Thanks

Katie RW

06/12/2012 at 12:39

The thing is, even when you've logged out and the 'lightbox' appears when you click on the 'login here' link you get sent to another page to join Sports Pursuit, rather than the login page

It doesn't give you much confidence you have entered the competition even when you've finally found the login page.

Doesn't matter to me really. I is a loser, so I'm not going to win anything even if I have entered

06/12/2012 at 12:45

Yes, I quite agree Chimpster! I have no idea whether I got entered in the end or not. But does anyone ever win these online comps anyway?

06/12/2012 at 13:03
Wilkie wrote (see)

Can't be arsed to sign up to another site, thanks.  I get more than enough junk mail already.

Same as that.

06/12/2012 at 13:26
Tenjiso wrote (see)
Wilkie wrote (see)

Can't be arsed to sign up to another site, thanks.  I get more than enough junk mail already.

Same as that.

Me too - think I'll wait until next week before trying to enter another one.

06/12/2012 at 22:33

Hi Katie RW,

Great that you're reading this, but taking into consideration that this competition isn't working for the majority of users, why not change it and re-run it to get it right rather than let it drag RW's reputation for competitions and subscriber loyalty down even further? Surely the sponsor doesn't want to be associated with a shoddy promotion either??

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 37 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.