Thread Clone

Creating 3 threads from one

7 messages
27/05/2010 at 12:55

Hi Catherine,

Would it be possible for you to clone the Coasters Plymouth-Bristol thread ( http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=151299&last=1&V=6&SP= ) into 3 new threads in the Events list of

Coasting Round Britain - Plymouth toLands End

Coasting Round Britain - Lands End to Bideford

Coasting Round Britain - Bideford to Bristol

so that each new thread also contains all the posts from the originating one.

Thanks you so kindly.

Bruce

P.S. Who do we have to be nice to and send chocolate and flowers etc. to get a nice little Coasters logo in name bar like the pirates logo ?

28/05/2010 at 10:44

oh c'mon RW -you have been very supportive so far

Stu

28/05/2010 at 16:29
A coasters logo - It's not a medal, give it a rest.

You'll want one for training runs next.
Edited: 28/05/2010 at 16:30
28/05/2010 at 18:58

01/06/2010 at 11:07

Hiya,

I'm afraid with the current system each thread's independent, so I can't make a thread-within-a-thread I'm afraid. I'll certainly raise the issue with our tech team though to see if it could be possible in the future.

With regard to a Coasters logo for your forum names, we tend to use these logos for more permanent groups (currently just subscribers and Pirates). If you could let me know how long you'll be 'coasting' for though, we'll give it some thought!

Thanks,

Alice RW

01/06/2010 at 11:15

Hi Alice,

Coasters is an identity that all of us will hold way after this,  the first event. WE are considering another event after current one, maybe in the Olympic year. It is not simply what we are for a short period of time.We will always be the "original" coasters -ie those who did this unique event. An honour that is with us for life. Barry The Baton will be doing other things too.

Stu

We have set up 3 new stretch threeads as a means of dividing up.

thanks

Edited: 01/06/2010 at 11:16
01/06/2010 at 13:11
When I did the FLM I didn't ask for a icon, jeez if this happened imagine what might get requested!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.