View first unread post

and requesting a preview of the last post

6 messages
01/07/2009 at 13:46

Why is it that this feature works some of the time, but not always?

It seems to be mostly (but not always) on threads where there have been a lot of posts since I last visited, but why would that make any difference?

Also, that 'preview' you get of the first post in a thread, while you're looking at a list of threads - could we have something similar when you hover over the 'view the last post in the thread'? 

Thank you

01/07/2009 at 17:16

Hi Wilkie

Sorry to hear this. Is it the same threads that are troublesome, and if so, are you able to provide me with an example please? 

It seems to only be appearing intermittently for me in any case, so will ask our tech team to look into it.

Thanks

Catherine

01/07/2009 at 21:46

I think it'd be nice to be able to set 'view first unread post' as the default view.

As it is, you can only choose between view first and view last.

One for the next upgrade, perhaps?

02/07/2009 at 15:54

Catherine, it just happened with the "Anyone got any Mollie Sugden jokes?" thread, and with the "IRONMAN GERMANY 2010" one.

In fact, it doesn't seem to working at all at the moment!

02/07/2009 at 16:16
Now it's working again - you just turned it back on, didn't you!
02/07/2009 at 17:27

Hi Wilkie

I'd love to say I did, but unfortunately I've only just read both your comments! I'll have a chat with our tech team and see whether they can shed any light on the gremlins...

Thanks for your patience.

Catherine

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.