why wont my album pics load

no photos in my gallery

12 messages
31/01/2012 at 23:12

so many times i have tried to add photos to my gallery/album it lets me upload them and then says they need to be authorised so wont appear straight away

but they NEVER appear- they are only ones of me at races ive tried over the year a few times and again thought maybe i will try creating a new album but still nothing- why is this???? (they are the right size - it is letting me upload and add a caption anyway)

31/01/2012 at 23:14
Are you lost RMO3B?
31/01/2012 at 23:18
hahahaah hi James- what with all the RW talk on the other side tonight i thought i would wander across here again - and yet AGAIN i try to upload some race pics- i cant find my way around this site so yes i am a little lost as it happens- so sorry you overslept and missed your race on sunday BTW !
31/01/2012 at 23:26
Thanks RMO3B.

I only come over nowadays if someone mentions it on FE, or to enter a race.

I've never tried uploading a picture aside from my profile picture so can't help you there.
31/01/2012 at 23:26
You're up late aren't you?
31/01/2012 at 23:30

im ALWAYS up late!!!  thats the closest i can find to a yawning smiley

03/02/2012 at 18:33

Join the sad club... I've been trying to upload images for over a month and no luck. Like you, it gets me to the point where I can caption it, then it just goes into a black hole. I'm faintly comforted that I'm not the only one, though.

RW? Hello?

06/02/2012 at 16:50
I seem to remember that you need to hit the submit button to approve them (logical eh?).
06/02/2012 at 17:56
Just for giggles, I tried once more... it turns out that I have been hitting the 'submit' button. The "Thank you. Your images have been uploaded but won't go live until we have checked them.
We'll send you an email when they go up, which should be soon." message I got is quite familiar, if perhaps a tad depressing.
09/02/2012 at 12:02

Ah, I've never had that.

The album feature is full of bugs and no one seems to be looking at the issues.  If pictures are your thing other sites can do that for you.  Shame really that RW doesn't have the resources or desire to make them work.

10/02/2012 at 18:01

My suspicion is that the outsourcing of the website means that things get lost in the shuffle.

And I would use a hosting site like imageshack, except I'm optimistic that someone might be searching for information in a year or so and find that the picture has timed out. (Maybe I'm giving my pictures too much credit...)

All I can say is that the silence from RW Towers is deafening. I would be more than happy to work with them to troubleshoot if they thought I was an isolated incident.

10/02/2012 at 18:18
awww so we dont get to see your pics . lol

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.