Zinio subscriber

11 messages
17/11/2007 at 08:31

How do you login to the "subscriber-only content", when you are a Zinio subscriber. When I try to enter my subscription no. I get this error message:

We couldn't seem to find your record in the subscribtion database. Please go back and make sure you got your subsciber number right.

How do I get access to the "subscriber-only content"?

Henrik

Daniel Benson.    pirate
21/11/2007 at 16:31
Hi Henrik,

Sorry for the slow response. Unfortunately Zinio subscribers are not entitled to the same benefits as magazine subscribers and can't have online subscriber-access.

To be honest, this isn't very clear on the Zinio website and I've ask our team to update the page so that's  crystal clear for any future Zinio customers. That doens't really help you situation much, so as good-will gesture I've given you an online subscription for the next 12 months.

All the best

Daniel RW
21/11/2007 at 17:42

Hi Daniel

Thank you very much. I had the feeling, that it might be so, but your support couldn't give me any answer. So you might tell it to them as well.

Henrik 

03/05/2011 at 18:23
Hi there,

I just saw this thread, and I wish I had seen it earlier.

I subscribed just recently via Zinio, and nowhere was it clear that I would not get the same benefits as normal subscribers. Why is this?

John
M...eldy    pirate
03/05/2011 at 18:49
What ... is 'Zinio' ??  

03/05/2011 at 18:58
@M...eldy - it's an app for reading magazines on devices, such as iPad, laptops, and so on. It's not as advanced as magazine-specific apps (such as BBC Focus or Virgin Project) but it allows you to keep all your magazines in the same application. It's very good, especially on tablet device.
M...eldy    pirate
03/05/2011 at 19:02
Ahhh .. thank you sir, clearly I need to get out more 
12/05/2011 at 10:33

Hi John,

Dan's reply from 2007 is now out of date - Zinio subscribers are entitled to website subscriber access too. It's just a question of tallying the Zinio subscriber numbers with the website's database checks - they are in a different format to the magazine subscriber numbers.

I've now activated the subscription on your member account - apologies for the delay and confusion.

Alice

13/05/2011 at 17:40
Alice,

Great! Many thanks for arranging this for me, much appreciated.

John
27/01/2012 at 11:20
Having now contacted Runners World & Zinio I have found both of them completely unhelpful and incredibly slow at getting back to me, maybe posting something on here will get a useful response.

I am also a subscriber to Runners World on Zinio and have no access to the subscriber only content on the website but would very much like it. Is there any way that this can be activated.

Many thanks

Richard
16/07/2012 at 16:03

Has anyone received a definitive answer on this yet? I would love to know before my subscription renews.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.