Essential Guide to Children's Running
We've covered all the bases - from the best shoes to healthy limits
Can you tick all 10 boxes? If not, your child is probably running too much.
This checklist from KidsRunning.com helps you determine whether or not the running your kids are doing is appropriate. You should be able to put a tick next to each statement.
- They are having fun
- They want to run
- They set the pace
- They take walking breaks when tired
- They do other physical activities, for example, cycling, dancing, playing football or swimming
- They can let go. In other words, if you want to run on your own, it's not a problem
- They are healthy - not injured
- They eat to stay strong
- They are positive about running
- They have enough pep left to do homework and other chores
Picture credit: Seth Joel/ Getty Images
Discuss this article