We’re on the lookout for six super-keen RW members to train up and treat to an elite support package at next year’s Flora London Marathon (April 26).
Whether you’re aiming to break 3:00 or complete the distance for the first time, we’ll work with you to help you achieve your marathon goal by giving you:
• One-to-one coaching and support from one of three top coaches - Steve Smythe, GB Olympic athlete Liz Yelling or Nick Anderson
• Personalised nutrition advice from the Lucozade Sport Performance Team, as well as a four-month supply of Lucozade Sport products
• Entry and return travel to key warm-up events
• Opportunity to attend two hands-on training seminars with Liz Yelling
• Lucozade Sport Super Six adidas running kit (including trainers) and a state-of-the-art Garmin Forerunner 405
A night’s luxury hotel accommodation, travel costs to and from London and VIP hospitality on race day are also included in this fantastic prize (
read more prize details
You don’t even need a place in the race; we can take care of this for you (but we also want to hear from those who’ve already got a place, either through the ballot, their club or a charity).
In return, we’d like you to commit to following one of our marathon schedules and sharing your experience with Runner's World for the duration of the project. In particular, you’ll feel comfortable keeping a training diary and working with your coach here in the forums.
Simply nominate yourself (or a fellow forumite, or second an existing nomination) on this thread, in no more than 250 words, before midnight, November 7.
Brief running history:
Reason why we should train you:
Predicted marathon time:
Get nominating and good luck!
Competition Terms and Conditions
Posted: 27/10/2008 at 12:14