In short: lovely bucolic route but never flat, well organised and friendly In full: a beautiful route around quiet country lanes with great support in Leigh at the 4 and 9 mile marks, very well organised and went smoothly, good and plentiful marshals, traffic free and several water stations. Away from Leigh, suppport was light but friendly.
Suggestions for next year - - leaflet residents of Charcott and Weald to encourage thier support where the route goes closish to their villages
- highlight the half-way mark, which could be a great support point for people from Weald
- several of the mile markers were missing or out of view to runners
- the hardest part was going up Pauls Hill on the return (leaving Leigh), could've done with some water after that but the water station close to Ensfield Bridge had already finished (and I was only 42nd) - I couldn't find the event T-shirts onsale
- the Plough in Leigh is a lovely big pub with massive car-park & garden - could perhaps arrange discount for runners?
- shuttle train service between Tonbridge and Leigh (only takes 4mins) to allow friends and family to move around eg. watch the start, get train to Leigh and watch 4 and 9 mile stages, get train back to watch cheer on the finishers Date of review: September 26, 2011