Just doble checked and you cant add Polar Flow or the web service on MMR (or MFP). There is the option of a sync with polarpersonaltrainer but that is an old web service and doesnt support the V800 as they are wanting everyone to move to Flow.
Anyway, I have found a work around, there is an app called syncmytracks on android which (and this is a weird work round) that I can sync my polar flow with garmin connect which will then sync with MMR and MFP. just for the peopel that may be searching this thread.
I got a nice shiny new v800 for my birthday on Friday and took it out for a spin yesterday. What I can't work out is how to sync polar flow or the Web service data with myfitnesspal. I was able to do tcx file transfer to mapmyrun but it doesn't seem to have synced that way either. Ideally looking for an android app (flow) to mfp or done through the Web service? Having read up a bit on this it seems that the android sync isn't available yet, only ios but really
A while ago I used the HRM training for the compleat idiot book and I noticed that Matt Fitzgerald is using a lot of the same principles too. The key is to use your HR right and with that to be able to know when you are running easy and hard. As you get fitter you eastern(80% in your plan) will start to get quicker, you'll be able to jog along at a decent pace. The other side is that the 20% of your runs will become hellish and super tough as you will basically be fitter. There is a test in the boom and it involves a hill. It really useful, I have a low Max HR, if I hadn't worked this out I would have been killing myself doing pretty hard and then impossibly hard instead of hard and easy runs. The book also uses the karnoven method which isolates resting HR so my easy run threshold is around 141 BPM and I can clip along at a decent pace. This will be determined by how well rested I am etc but is usually between 8.5 and 9 minmiles but sometimes slower but always based on HR. HTH
I've just been through the myriad of watches since my fr305 broke and as I was planning on going for the polar m400, super high ratings from all sites and can be had for under £100 but as it's my birthday soon the missus decided to get me a polar v800 (basically the m400s big brother) .