I really appreciate the input i have received. I hope I didn't sound ungrateful as that certainly wasn't my intention. I appreciate the advice and it was good advice that I just needed to hear. I will drop Aprils's marathon and wait until I get an all clear from my doctor.
It's quite common here (not UK) to close and just say contact another doctor surgery in case of urgent matters. Frustrating but true. The whole surgery is completely closed - all 4 doctors, practise nurses - everything. Amazing and difficult for an ex-pat to get used to.
You are right - I suppose I was hoping that I would hear what I wanted to hear and if I put my sensible hat on then I guess I knew it in my heart too. I suppose I am just disappointed - I have had a great winter training season. I guess I will close the April marathon book and look forward to running when it makes more sense and when I have finished having all the check ups at the hospital.
I'm not sure whether I want to hear that it is safe for me to run or that I should give it up. I think I am hoping to hear some good advice. I have thought about it a great deal but my thoughts are coloured by the fact that I would of course like to run. I am hoping, I guess, for some impartial advice. A voice of reason.
No - they don't do that system here. If my surgery is shut and it is urgent, I have to find another doctor instead. Not sure I can call my query urgent - although of course I think it is extremely important.