I've just had a letter to say my op has been cancelled - for the second time. This is the second time its happened, it was supposed to be in August originally, but apparently the surgeon got study leave so it was postponed until Oct 5th. This letter gave no reason, and no new date either
Its had a lot of consideration - micro fracture, ACL reconstruction + physio rehab, then started running, with physio's go ahead. Once the problems began after this, I followed the advice of the rehab therapist (sports massage / soft tissue / not quite a physio) to the letter. He believed it was ok to carry on running, and I trusted his judgement, and did the exercises he gave me to do. Eventually he threw his hands up and said I should have an arthroscopy, but not getting referred to the consultant he suggested has thrown me .
I wondered if he was right not to stop me running - maybe if he works with rugby players he takes more of a gung ho - 'man up and keeping going' attitude, I don't know. He stopped me running when I had an ankle injury, but not the knee problem.