My three favourite events are: Favourite: Half-marathon Next Favourite: 10 Mile Third favourite: Marathon I take part in events: 25-52 times a year I also do these sports: Gym (classes), Gym (weight training)
More about me
Hola mi amigos :o)
Mi nombre es Bonita Karen Samuel.
I have always dreamed of running the London Marathon in under 4 hours.
I initially had no idea how to train for a marathon. Those who I informed of my dream laughed at me and criticised me for making such a bold statement. I trained myself without any books and with no help from anyone initially. At the beginning I made a lot of mistakes and learnt the hard way. However I made it to the finishing line of my first marathon and have become a keen marathon runner. I achieved my goal and have ran three marathons in under 4 hours the times were: -
Halsted Marathon 3:56:33 in 2006 (First Marathon)
Flora Marathon 3:59:29 in 2008
Edinburgh Marathon 3:58:25 in 2009
I would like to dedicate my running to my parents, husband and my wonderful kids.
I love you all and could not have done it without your wonderful support. Also like to give praise to my favourite Primary School teacher
Mrs Howell who always believed in me. Dad I love You and miss you. You are always in my thoughts.
Keep on running. I hope to see you all on my next race.
Run Rabbit Run.
11. 'Karen Samuel Golden rules for running a marathon'.
l. Get a good alarm clock so you can wake up early on the day of the race
2. Donâ€™t forget your race number and put on your chip timing.
3. Tie your shoe laces well!
4. Donâ€™t use new running gels on the day.
5. Donâ€™t have a high fibre breakfast.
6. Donâ€™t wear brand new trainers on the day.
7. Apply Vaseline, plasters to all those sore and delicate areas e.g. nipples, groins & toes.
8. Donâ€™t overdress â€“ wear good quality socks to prevent blisters.
9. Get your name printed in bold letters on the front of your running vest for extra support from the crowd.
10. If youâ€™re asthmatic take your inhaler and put in your bum bag.
11.On the back of your race number write your name, address, contact telephone number and any medical condition etc.
Well done you just ran and completed a marathon.
Wear your medal with pride. Show it all to your family and friends.
Don't forget to rate it on RUNNER'S WORLD WEB SITE.
(Blacklisted from London Marathon)
Here is a lovely quote from Jose Mourinho The Real Mardid Manager.
"Having enermies is not a problem, I only ask them to be sporting".
Hear, Hear :0)
Hasta la vista 'Baby'.