well here goes, probably a little different from the others....
Totals: No Idea, not that much due to a sprained ankle in March which then led to ITB issues.
Highlights: - TCR 10k, a race I did in 2011 in 39:04, finishing in 35:09! A massive PB, though the hard work was mainly done in 2011. Did with a sprained wrist that was aching a lot the day after running the first half of the spring ballbuster (before crashing)
- Winning all but one of the 5k parkruns I have run in the year.
- Realising I wouldn't be the worst at this sport if I actually trained, learnt to pace, and learnt to discipline Lowlights: - Spring Ballbuster - Crashing on the first lap of the bike. Ran the first 8 mile run about 3 minutes quicker than the previous one and was happy in about ~20th place, until my wheels went on some oil with a couple of other people. Bust my hands up so had to DNF
- Endurer adventure race - Losing my first place position after spraining my ankle (Felt I could have won), stupidly deciding to continue for the rest of the race, going in the wrong direction and taking an accidental massive shortcut which meant they tried to congratulate me as I crossed the finish line first when I knew I was in about 8th... leading to a DQ
- London Marathon - DNS due to realising the aforementioned sprained ankle was worst than I had realised
- Sheffield Half Marathon - DNS due to sprained ankle
- Thames Turbo Triathlon 1 - DNS due to sprained ankle
- Thames Turbo Triathlon 2 - DNF - decided to just do the swim and bike as I couldnt run because of the ankle
- Trying to put lots of work in on the bike with a sprained ankle led to ITB issues which stopped me biking for a few weeks
- Outlaw Ironman - DNF - drinking the night before, not doing any run training and only a few long bike sessions, and trying to ride the bike like a madman ended up in me pulling out an incredible bike split (for me) and then setting off to run a marathon pb... until the second half of the run when I just pretty much collapsed from the exhaustion, then couldnt stop vomiting for most of the rest of the day
Summary: A terrible year, though feel I proved myself as a runner and almost as a triafalete type.
2013: It was going to be a toss up between trying to qualify for the Olympic world champs in London, or a sub 10 attempt at outlaw... then I moved to India for a few months. If I am able to just run a bit, enter a couple of local races simply for the fun, and lose a bit of Christmas podge, I will be happy