In short: Poor Organisation In full: IM only going to cover the things that stuck out as needing looking at:
1, started late due to people not getting to the start on time, marshalls should have been clearing the course so it could start on time, if people choose to be late that is there fault, letting runners get even colder is not acceptable.
2. Lack of marshalls on course, this has been mentioned previously, there weren't enough, especially in areas where there was traffic, and that includes Longleat vehicles driving like idiots!!
3, No toilets at start area,, its not that difficult is it????
4, Finish area was a shambles, people queing for bags and getting official times actaully spilling out onto the finish line, no marshalls at all in this area, I finished in under 40 minutes and stayed till the last runner and didn't see anyone asking runners to que in an oposite direction, taking them away from the finish...
5. Runners walking in the opposite direcion on the finish straight, against oncoming runners!! how dangerous and how stupid... I know the route had to be changed but did commen sense have a day off??
6. Hills,, not a gripe about the hills, but to those who keep bringing it up,, Longleat is not flat, if you dont like hills, dont enter it!!! if you want flat, go to a running track
7. Goody bag, I dont enter races for a goody bad, but it did make me smile when I looked and saw 2 sachets of Shampoo, but nowhere there to have a shower!
8. Medal, neither do I enter races to collect medals, although this one was described as a' lions Head' it more resembles a cartoon Cat (Garfield) doing a rather poor sprint. Not a great medal, not even a date on it considering it was a 10th aniversary!
9, A classic example of a 209 event where it could be really good, but let down again by poor organisation, (remember the wye valley half in 2011 where front runners went the wrong way beacuse of.... lack of marshalls....)
In short: Why Is This Postponed???? In full: so, most of the review is based on previous years, but for some reason this years race has been postponed, apparently this is due to the weather, this decision was made with less than 24hours to the start!! I ran most of the course shortly after this decision was made, it was perfectly runnable, I also ran it the day the race was meant to happen, it was very runnable, however it was cold. I have heard to many rumours of not being able to marshall this sufficiently as marshalls wouldn't come out as they would get cold.... This is a trails run, not a road race, a centimetre or two of snow really isnt an issue, but i guess cold feet and hands are. Come on Rotary club, sort yourselves out, this is a good race but needs to be organised by runners, really poor decision to cancel this, and still no new proposed date Date of review: March 24, 2013
In short: shambolic In full: terrible organisation, lack of marshalls meant runners going different directions.... twice!, one marshall being driven at and hit, steer well clear and get back to club organised races! Date of review: July 25, 2010