In short: not bad for a first effort In full: It wasnt bad for a first effort but i think there are areas that could be worked on.
1. Some signs on the road to point to the race would have been nice, and more than one person directing the cars in the carpark would have helped.
2. Massive lack of marshalls on route, i think i saw 5 over the full 10k, with 3 being at the water point. Not a huge problem but i dread to think what would have happened if someone had taken a nasty fall.
3. Apparently there was first aid at the finish. I think they must have been in disguise. Again nothing major, but i fear what may have happened if someone would have need assistance at one of the remote points.
4. More info on the route pre-race would have been useful.
5. Sharp corners need more guidance than a single arrow. When your looking down to avoid rabbit holes it far to easy to miss one. Tape would have helped.
6. Caution runners signs for the other members of the public would have helped. It may have saved the shock that i gave a walker as i stormed past.
Nothing major, but for the price i think it could have maybe been a tad better. Date of review: October 17, 2010