In short: Profit driven bastards In full: Don't get near it ... it's a rip off race, 50 quid for not much !!! race director is an arse, they don't listen to anyone's feedback in order to improve the race, they think they know better, it's a never ending sea of issues already discussed on other posts and that happen year upon year Want to do a nice and awesome race? do any of the great run series, or the bupa 10000
In short: The course is as useful for a PB as an ejector sit is for an helicopter In full: Organization wise this race is okay, no major issues, but selling this as PB material, seriously? there are no major hills as such, but when all the inclines are added together you end up with over 900ft of climbing, draw your own conclusions if it's worth going for a PB on a course like that Date of review: May 6, 2014
In short: Profit driven race to enrich the Human Race organisers In full: 1. Distances are wrong. When you say a race is 8, 16 or 24 miles long, MAKE it that distance, and not add a lame excuse on your web site stating the distances are shorter or else DON'T call it an 8, 16 or 24 mile race
2. Gigantic toilet queues due to the fact that there were only a handful of portable loos, simply pathetic, when are race directors going to get the maths right? and saying we should use other toilets elsewhere is simply a statement of their incompetence, as stated on the e-mails suggesting car park toilets would be available, I wonder if a single one of those in charge cared or bothered to check if they were actually functioning, as a matter of fact they were NOT
3. No policy about not using head phones is in place, which makes navigating around those with head phones a nightmare, because they can't hear you asking them to give space so that you can get passed on those narrow paths
4. Charging for baggage drop? JOKE, simply put, and worse even, this has always been the case, but all of the sudden they thought it was a good idea to charge twice the amount it used to be. And that is only to have my bag placed under a stupid tent and to find ALL my dry clothes soaked after the race due to the rain, who thinks (or doesn't) stuff like that? if you are prepared to charge a small fortune for a service which by the way SHOULD be included in the already expensive price tag we paid for the race, make that service at least half decent and not return runners kit soaked to them after the race in raining conditions, it's shambolic.
5. In previous years this race used to hand out lucuzade bottles, this time around someone had the brilliant thought to change what was a great feature and replace bottles with cups instead, another perfect example of the type of people running this circus
6. They didn't bother with the medals either, the medal doesn't state the distance one has done, classic example of doing things on the cheap side which of course gives Human Race a higher profit margin
7. In previous years if you placed in the top 3 male & female in each event, you would get a little prize, that has also been scrapped.
All in all, a race to be avoided in the future. Date of review: October 14, 2013
In short: Great race, great location !!! In full: Course is challenging, but very picturesque. Have nothing but praise to give to the people behind the organization of the event. Marshals were uplifting, specially on those hard going hilly bits of the course. Date of review: September 3, 2013
In short: A shambles ... which never changes ... same story year after year In full: Here is an e-mail that should be contacted if you want to make your voice heard, the more people raise their issues and concerns, we might one be willing to go back and do the British 10k
It's worth trying, the British 10k shambles has been going on for way too long Date of review: July 22, 2013
In short: Shambolic In full: This race is to be avoided, only when the number or runners drop is that they might realise that they have to LISTEN what people are saying, I don't understand how people still do this race, me included, I think criticism is such that I always hope it will change and become a half decent event, but no, year upon year, same story, these guys don't give a rat's arse about us runners, all they care is their pocket and profit from it, charge 50 quid for something that can only be described a shambles is a disgrace, t-shit is said to be technical, which it isn't and the design is horrid with that stupid logo that looks like someone paid 2 pence to design, 2013 was the last time for me, there is more on how baddly this race is year after year here on Runners's world website, spread the word http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/the-director-of-the-british-10k-london-is-an-unprofessional-tool/176536.html Date of review: July 18, 2013