I take your points on board - I trust you understand my reaction to defend what I felt was an inappropriate comment relating to our club's use of personal information?
The clubs members were purely suggesting that forum users take a look at the benefits our club has to offer - as an alternative to joining a local club whilst enjoying similar benefits of other affiliated clubs (especially for those people who cannot commit to local clubs due to work commitments etc.)
If you have any further comments I would appreciate it if you will address them to me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) rather than on this forum.
Wilkie - as founder, Chairman & Secretary of UKnetrunner I can confirm.....
1) From the fee paid to UKnetrunner £5 is paid to England Athletics for the individuals annual affiliation cost - so by joining UKnetrunner our members will automatically qualify for the affiliated race entry fees
2) Yes, information is passed on to England Athletics - only the basic requirements of Name, Address, DOB - which EA needs to check the runner is not already registered under another club. AND to obtain affiliation of EA that data would have to be disclosed to EA anyway - so I don't see a Data Protection Issue?
3) UKnetrunner IS a running club - not a business of any type - is independant and obtains only relevant data and discloses it only to EA as indicated in members joining letters. If any of our members expresses an indication that they DO NOT want their information disclosing, this would be adhered to - but would mean they would not obtain an affiliated member number from EA.
4) The club has a full committee, constitution, AGM and Certificate of Affiliation to England Athletics.
5) The website may have reference to FLM 2007 - I will review this and update - but as an affilaited club receives FLM Guaranteed club places just as any other Running Club would - which are fairly allocated to club members (usually by way of a ballot system). ]
6) UKnetrunner has been running for over 5 years now and received full approval of the relevant governing authority when we set up - after inspecting cub constitution. The club operates purely for the benefit of it's members.
Watch out for the UKnetrunner vests smiffie ..... there'll be loads of us about (16!!!)
Hi Mick n Phil - I'm only just back in training after a layoff since Nottingham Half last September and a delayed return to running after having the virus over Christmas so you'll pass me cos my pace is very very steady! Hope to see you guys there!