For future reference or for anyone else running it note the following:
- Route goes left at Greenfield Rise Road (first mile!)
- Go under the bridge on Shropshire Union Canal and not to the A41.
- At about 5 miles when the course goes onto the farm go right straight away and don't wander through the Farm yard for five minutes dodging dead rats.
- Running up the lane out of Bickerton it almost goes straight on at the end of the first road across the A534.
- Running past Beeston Castle on your left, on the road, farm on your right then there's a ST signpost which looks as though it's pointing to continue on the road but it's not clear. The trail does go off the road and into the field towards the canal
- Just before 29 miles, when on the Road, bear left onto New Pale Road.
- On Manley Road it goes left after the Pylon.
- Practice the bit after the War Memorial. I went completely wrong, exasperated by fatigue! It goes down around the front of the Memorial; and
- Go all the way down Church Street and not into the dead end Car Park
I though I'd start a thread to talk about the race. Steve Way tells me that the course has a little hill. Not bad but we have to do it 48 times. My Twitter is @d_weston hash tag on twitter? I've been using #natioal100km