My veins have collapsed in my arm and they are struggling to get the drugs in. There was talk of putting a line in, but that would be a permanent feature for the rest of treatment and involves surgery under anaesthetic. Not something I wanted at all, and I have even had the debate in my head about whether to refuse further treatment rather than have a line. Don't worry, I wasn't seriously going to refuse treatment but my brain had to process all the options and emotions somehow.
So the good news is that the consultant thinks they can continue with treatment without a line. I'm waiting to see how much trouble they have on Thursday. I'm not expecting it to go smoothly