Bursitis is back, nothing else. Consultant wants to inject again as he'd rather that than surgically remove the bursa as that will cause scar tissue and potentially leave me in pain over the long term. Have agreed to wait a couple of months and review.
I'm back. Achilles is okay, saw another physio (my usual one) and she said not to panic, just do loads of stretching etc.
On the foot front, it's the bursitis continuing to play up, nothing more sinister. Got to try another cortisone injection but need to see the consultant for this as it's not something the GP would do due to the position (between my big toe and second toe), so that means waiting a bit for it.
Ran a 10k race yesterday and was delighted - did lots of mountain biking and not a lot of running during August, but clocked 44:53 on my watch. My dream time was sub 45:30 so I couldn't believe how strong I felt all things considered. There was a short sharp uphill to finish, and halfway up something came over me and I stormed past two people in front of me. Here's hoping the comeback will last this time!
Mine was for a bursa between my toe joints. Did work for a few months, however something else is now happening so I'm seeing the consultant tomorrow, should have gone back way sooner. Not sure if it's the bursa again - scan results will tell. Think they can work well though so don't be put off by me!
I had one in the ball of my foot last year. It wasn't painful at the time (morning) but by evening it was agony and I could hardly put weight on it! Took ibuprofen at bedtime which knocked the pain dead, and I was grand in the morning I'm a teacher, so also on my feet, didn't have any problems.
I'm going to sit out next month, so best of luck Team RW!
I'm going on hols for a week, and will be awaiting the results of a scan on my troublesome foot (which is causing my lopsidedness and achilles problem on the other leg).
Physio last night with acupuncture in both achilles and foot, then some ultrasound on the foot. I have never felt pain like it throughout the year of niggling, and she wonders if it could be a stress fracture. As I've continued running to date, it's just a case of keep going until I get the scan results. No idea how long that will take! Here's hoping I can get to the bottom of it once and for all!