Am unfortunately unable to run this race now. Looking at the website it is only possible to transfer place up to 31st March 2013 so this would need to be sorted quickly. A £10 fee is payable by the new entrant after transfer is completed so for this reason I would only ask for £40 to transfer my place.
If you are interested and would be able to pay me by Paypal, please email me in the first instance at email@example.com
Have barely been able to run since early December when I got a bad case of shin splints trying to get back up to speed too quickly after the Noro-virus. Have tried a couple of times in the last few weeks but only managed 20 mins or so before the pain got bad, so have been swimming pretty much every day.
Decided to try a run in the snow this morning.... it felt great! There was no ice, just reasonably fresh snow and running on that felt more comfortable than I've felt for ages. Crossing the roads where there was no snow did not feel so great and then just as I was smiling to myself at how well it had gone, I fell right over on my knee but all in all a massive success for me. Only did 4 miles as didn't want to push my luck and it remains to be seen how my shin will feel later, but for now....
Am running a half marathon 3 weeks yesterday. Was doing fine in my training and had done a good 11 mile run last weekend. Unfortunately last Tuesday I had to leave work at lunchtime after being struck down with an extremely quick attack of the dreaded norovirus. Am sure I don't need to describe the finer details of the next few days, but I ate pretty much nothing at all until Friday and only ate a normal day's food on Saturday. Lost a lot of weight that I couldn't aford to lose.
Against all advice, I thought I would be OK if I tried a really short run yesterday morning, so did a very slow and careful 2.5k just to see how it felt. It actually felt OK but when I got home I felt very sick and weak again, wasn't actually sick but it affected me for the whole day. Managed to eat an evening meal though.
Am now really torn between just wanting to let my body recover and get some weight and strength back but also being aware that the race is 2 weeks on Sunday and feeling the need to do at least some running.