hi all, ran in a pair today, they are ideal and just want I was after however they are far too warm for anything but the the height of winter!
thanks for the definitive suggestion on the ronhills, just got a couple of pairs of their classic tracksters, should arrive tomorrow or next day. thanks everyone!
Hi all, what specific pants do you guys know that fit snugly, but not like tights? I currently run in tracksuit pants that are so baggy and drag me in windy weather. I don't want full on tights, but something in between?
Hi all, I have a few questions for you injury vets whom have gone through your fair share of pulls and strains.
My soleus muscle between my achillies and calf is injured, by what degree I'm not entirely sure however the pain is only a mild to moderate ache.
My questions are...
1. isn't inflammation good for healing an injured area? Why suppress it with ice, then?
2. Isn't heat better, to increase bloowflow, thus healing?
3. What does it means when the injury becomes painful, then after a short while of "running through it" subsides to a dormant mild pain? Is damage being done?
4. Is stretching safe? Surely if a tendon is damaged, stretching it would tear it some more, no?
5. Is a deep painful massage applied to the injured area healthy, as some say?
6. And any other information you think might help.
Thanks in advance,
Visit the official Runner's World page
Follow Runner's World on Twitter
Other Natmag-Rodale Sites
Run For Charity
About Runner's World