Perfect! No nerves, no wetsuit and water temp perfect.
Awful. TT bike too big, reach to great. My back was agony within the first 20 mins. Crashed the bike at about 60km in. Ankle and back receiving most of the force. Then had a slow Puncture! It felt like I was moving heaven and earth to keep up with the slower riders...
3 hours 5
Ruined.. back gone, hips quickly followed. Holding back tears of pure frustration at my body. Just held on. Needed to walk lots.
2 hours 15
- loved the swim with no anxiety
- I didn't pull out.. even if tempted
- just purchased a new cervelo 48cm fitted TT. My 51cm felt has gone to Alex to try.
Could have done better
- just realised the bike was too big for me
- didn't take enough water on the bike
- too much emotional drainage on the run.
Hi Guys, long time no speak again! A few updates and a late race report
What: Swim and maybe a light jog
Why: 2 weeks out from Sydney 70.3
Lyrics: 'Here's a little song I wrote. You might want to sing it note for note'
Last Hard: Yesterdays run
Last Rest: a few days I think
Race report (Huskisson standard distance triathlon) 2 hours 48, second place
SWIM- Was meant to be a calm and flat swim.. it was not. It was a triangle 1.5km and sighting was a real problem given the waves and fighting sea sickness. I went a bit off course but it only turned out to be an extra 40m. around 32 mins
BIKE- Undulated but kept my head down and legs turning. No real issues, averaged 30km/hr.
RUN- I usually run ok off the bike.. but my legs were very tired and I battled to just stay running. Managed in the end 10km - 52 mins.
2nd in age category (25-29), 8th female overall.
Other updates really quickly
- I'm now on 3 months of night shifts at work. so will have time to post!
- 70.3 in 2 weeks time. Aiming for sub 5 hours 50
- I'm still not seeing much progress with my running, now thinking of seeing a coach about it. I would like to aim for a sub 1 hr 45 HM. currently between 1 hour 52-54.
- I have read about the 2 young girls who passed away in the UK recently. Read it in disbelief. If anyone knew them.. I am very sorry. Terrible.