Posted: 12/04/2014 at 08:12
you are both fitter than me. Here's how I managed sub 1:30.
- in the 63 days prior I ran 50 days.
- tek- not thats 13 days rest that's i had for recovery. Please note that
- i ran 500 miles. That's 10 miles average for the days I ran
- 16 of those 50 days were longer than race distance. (Circa one in three). 6 were doubles. 6 were MLR and 4 long runs of average 19miles
- I did 10 sessions of fast running (intervals etc). Most of those in last 3 weeks Where I ensured I had more rest days.
- in the week before the race I had lots of lay-ins. Extra rest
- my average pace was 8:55 for whole period. Ie slow. The speed sessions lowerEd the average which means there was plenty of 9:xx runs at