Posted: 18/09/2015 at 20:03
I ran Milan last year, lovely break and a decent race, in short;
* Other than to pick up your bib there's nothing whatsoever at the expo.
* The start is RIGHT out on an industrial estate-type place, easy enough to get to on the metro but a miles way from the station to the start.
* Route is'nt the most exciting but is VERY flat. Starts out of the city and goes through some little shanty towns, then does a big loop of the city centre, nice once you get into town.
* Support is alright on the way round and the finish is pretty busy and very smart, finishing infront of the beautiful Parco Sempione.
* Weather seems to vary quite dramatically. In 2013 it absolutely poured down but last year, when we ran, it was BAKING hot! They were well on the ball with water, fresh fruit etc on the way round.
* Milan is a beautiful city, we were there Friday to Tuesday and loved it.
In conclusion; a nice, flat and fast race in a beautiful city. Not the most exciting on the calendar but deffo worth it for a 'destination marathon'...