Posted: 27/11/2012 at 15:16
Theda, I started running 3 months ago right from the couch. Keep these things in your mind :
1. Do not listen to what others say. And do not feel jealous of those who run past by you while you are running. Just take it slow and enjoy.
2. Seems you are thinking too much about yourself. Do not do that. Or think but in a positive way. Start reading books like "Born to Run" or "Feet in the clouds". Your thinking will change.
3. It is OK to feel disappointed at first but confidence build up slowly . Keep your determination and take yourself upto 30mins continous running . That is the threshold which everybody has and same for me . The day you achieve that , confidence level boosts up like a rocket.
4. Husband is right. Go slow, most of the days. Try to do a fast run after a few weeks but do not stress yourself. It took years for you to get unfit . You will not achieve your goal overnight now .
5. Eat healthy and do not starve yourself. Always remember this "EAT CLEAN and TRAIN DIRTY" .
6. Do a bit of weight exercise as well. It helps a lot.
7. Treat yourself whenver you achieve a new goal. I started with 1min running and 9 mins walking. The day I got to the point where I was doing 9mins running and 1min walking, I treated myself with a garmin watch. Then the day I did my first 5K without stopping , I took my wife for a romantic dinner.