Posted: 14/11/2016 at 01:27
Hi Guys, long time no speak again! A few updates and a late race report
What: Swim and maybe a light jog
Why: 2 weeks out from Sydney 70.3
Lyrics: 'Here's a little song I wrote. You might want to sing it note for note'
Last Hard: Yesterdays run
Last Rest: a few days I think
Race report (Huskisson standard distance triathlon) 2 hours 48, second place
SWIM- Was meant to be a calm and flat swim.. it was not. It was a triangle 1.5km and sighting was a real problem given the waves and fighting sea sickness. I went a bit off course but it only turned out to be an extra 40m. around 32 mins
BIKE- Undulated but kept my head down and legs turning. No real issues, averaged 30km/hr.
RUN- I usually run ok off the bike.. but my legs were very tired and I battled to just stay running. Managed in the end 10km - 52 mins.
2nd in age category (25-29), 8th female overall.
Other updates really quickly
- I'm now on 3 months of night shifts at work. so will have time to post!
- 70.3 in 2 weeks time. Aiming for sub 5 hours 50
- I'm still not seeing much progress with my running, now thinking of seeing a coach about it. I would like to aim for a sub 1 hr 45 HM. currently between 1 hour 52-54.
- I have read about the 2 young girls who passed away in the UK recently. Read it in disbelief. If anyone knew them.. I am very sorry. Terrible.
- Trump is president..........