Posted: Yesterday at 17:17
A nice mix of weekend running all
Lit - break my legs ?? I can only imagine tha has something to do with VMLM
And i missed muddy's 5M pb as well. Shit, that man is a racing demon.
McF - you asked yonks ago about miles on shoes, i've got several pairs of Asics with nearly 1000 miles on that still seem to be going strong but i'll retire them at 1000. They certainly seem to be a very robust shoe.
Here's my year end summary effort:
Races : not many but pb's over Marathon, HM, 10k, 10M
- Brighton GFA
- 3rd place Thanet 10
- big 5k pb off almost nil speed work but plenty of miles.
- I think i cold have gone sub 3 in Brighton if i hadn't been such a dick with my pre-race routine/nutrition so the last few miles there were a bit of a low and the chimp gave me a right kicking.
- And then i don't think i recovered properly, getting caught up in club relays and stuff ( my 1st summer with the club ) and ended up with a persistent groin niggle all summer that stopped me racing. All my clubmates were racing and i felt like i was letting them down. One of the cons of being a member of a running club
Thread performance - from memory there were quite a few
- Lou's HM towards the end of the year was one where i remember thinking " Blimey, i wasn't expecting that" Probably because Lou seemed to be injured/struggling a fair bit so it was nice to see him pull out a top performance.
- muddy slamming home a 2 minute pb in the space of 2weeks over HM somewhere around the same time and his general improvement
- Pete's run across the road after his op made me smile and was no mean achievement.
- Lit's 2:56 at VMLM - i was there supporting that day and saw her come past on Tower Bridge. I shouted but she completely fucking ignored me and didn't stop to give me an autograph Later on the Embankment i saw the 3 pacer go past and couldn't see her so felt a bit gutted thinking she'd blown up. It was very warm and i'd seen several runners being stretchered off the course. I actually laughed in disbelief when i found out what she'd done
- Skinny's comeback 10M pb - totally unexpected and quite amazing considering the year he'd had to that point
- DT's VMLM - i'm not sure if the report was on here or another thread but that sounded painful and i take my hat off to anone who can battle through that.
But for me the stand out performance was BBB's antics on the track. He seemed to set about it with a real passion and clearly knows what he's doing Some of his reports had my legs filling with lactic acid just reading it. Great stuff , great training and a brilliant 2:20 over 800m
- Sub 3 at VMLM
- Recovery properly
- Align my pb's
- Tame the Chimp
EDIT : ( forgot the rest ..... )
Thread poster - no contest this one = SKINNY
Ever-present even when injured and doing nothing more than swimming and makes me chuckle quite a lot
One to watch - I think everyone is expecting Charlie to do well and that includes me. But my money's on Lou who seems to be plugging away nicely now and i reckon is the thread's dark horse.