Posted: 25/07/2014 at 17:02
Afternoon all - bit of an absence recently, bit of a difficult period at work. Am on holiday now however
DT - 3*15 mins is really brutual so I am not surprised you were finding it tough. I would use that as a peaking workout and probably only once!
TR - these 800m guys eh, get them on a good hard long run and see them wilt!
Ratzer - what's new?
Dan - bike straight into run sounds good, do you think biking warms you up adequately? Can it help in some instances you think (i.e. decent bike before run)?
For me last week was a pb of 79.2M with 16 on Sunday. 10M @ 6:28/m on Thursday was the other highlight.
So far this week I managed to drag myself out of bed @ 5:40am Tuesday morning for an 11M progression run:
1) 1m - 8:59(8:59/m) 121/130bpm 107cal
2) 1m - 8:34(8:34/m) 125/128bpm 102cal
3) 1m - 7:09(7:09/m) 137/144bpm 98cal
4) 1m - 6:29(6:29/m) 147/150bpm 95cal
5) 1m - 6:03(6:03/m) 156/159bpm 92cal
6) 1m - 5:53(5:53/m) 161/164bpm 92cal
7) 1m - 5:56(5:56/m) 165/169bpm 96cal
8) 1m - 5:51(5:51/m) 168/170bpm 96cal
9) 1m - 5:53(5:53/m) 167/170bpm 96cal
10) 1m - 5:40(5:40/m) 169/170bpm 92cal
11) 1m - 7:16(7:16/m) 143/168bpm 66cal
12) 0.12m - 1:00(8:10/m) 143/149bpm 8cal
So middle 7M @ 5:58/m avg which is faster than I ran at my last 10k (Bob, re: GC comment 10k pb pace is 5:43/m)! Effort strong but manageable towards the end.
Then 16M today out at parent's house - set off early to try and beat the heat but thermometer when I got home was over 30c. 16M @ 8:18/m - cardiac drift was something else. parkrun tomorrow then off to the Games
I have tickets for Sevens Sunday evening, Badminton Monday afternoon, Athletics Monday evening & both Tuesday sessions. if anyone else is around!