What are you doing on April 7 next year? Fancy spending the day running across Arctic ice floes in the world's, erm, coolest marathon?
The winner of our Rave Run photography competition will win a luxury package to the fifth North Pole Marathon – a prize worth £6,000.
This extraordinary marathon first took place in 2004, with Runner's World magazine editor Steven Seaton lining up among the 15 well-wrapped competitors. You can read his report here.
The runners may wear snow shoes, but don't be fooled: the North Pole Marathon is a seriously well-organised race: accurately measured, precisely timed and fiercely contested.
We want your pics!
Can you do better than the photos we've included on this page?
We want you to send us your best photo of someone enjoying a Rave Run. Your runner can be sprinting along a deserted beach or clifftop track, or even through a glorious cityscape. All we want is your one best photo, of one runner.
The winning photo will be published in Runner's World magazine, and the lucky snapper will enjoy the trip of a lifetime to the Arctic. Runners-up photos will also feature in the magazine, and we'll regularly publish the best entries here on the website.
How to enter
Email us your best Rave Run photograph. Photos should be no bigger than 1MB, and it's strictly one photo per entrant. In your email, please include the following details:
- The photographer's name
- The runner's name
- Where the photo was taken
- Your daytime phone number
- Original file size, if it's a digital photo.
You can also send your photos as prints, transparencies or as digital images on a CD to: Runner's World Rave Run Competition, 33 Broadwick Street, London W1F 0DQ. Note that postal entries cannot be returned.
The closing date for entries is Friday October 6.
Terms and Conditions
1. Only one entry will be accepted per person. The closing date for receipt of competition entries is October 6, 2006.
2. The competition is only open to UK residents over the age of 18 with a valid passport.
3. Entry to the competition and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name, image and competition entry photograph, for promotional and/or editorial purposes without additional consultation.
4. This competition is not open to employees of The National Magazine Company Limited or our competition partners or their direct family members.
5. The winner will be selected from the entries received by a panel of Runners World staff based on artistic merit.
6. Postal entries cannot be returned.
7. Only the winners will be contacted personally. The name of the winner will be available by sending a SAE to Runners World North Pole Competition winner, 72 Broadwick Street, London W1F 9EP.
8. Entrants must be available to travel between April 4 and April 11, 2007. Prize includes flights from London and accommodation in Norway. Prize does not include transfers to/from London and necessary equipment to compete in the North Pole run.
9. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred, although The National Magazine Company Limited reserve the right to change the prizes in the event of unforeseen circumstances. There will be no cash alternative.
10. The National Magazine Company Limited does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
11. The National Magazine Company Limited's decision is final in every instance, including any not covered above. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
13. The National Magazine Company Limited shall be permitted to exclude any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
14. Where The National Magazine Company Limited runs a competition with a promoter such that the promoter is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes then The National Magazine Company Limited shall not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of such prizes.
15. Any person who has already entered, and paid for their entry to the North Pole Marathon 2007 is still eligible to enter this competition. If they win the competition, their entry fee will be refunded.
* If there is any conflict with these rules and the specific competition rules then the latter take preference.